IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you have a Laptop or a Desktop computer? Do you have both?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jsmith, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Jsmith

Jsmith New Member

Asking of this question i meant whether you actually prefer using laptop or Desktop computer, or whether you prefer both.

As to me, I prefer Laptop over Desktop and there is no need for me to get a Desktop computer when Laptops can do what the Desktop can do. Honestly I see the Desktop computer as occupying space more of a laptop which is portable, that is, you can carry it about and operate your laptop anywhere you, either inside a car, club and even while lying down comfortably on your bed. Laptops doesn't need to worry about power supply while Desktop computer does. And also a well charged laptop can last up to 4 hours without it plugged in to charge.

Am not condemning Desktop computer totally, it still has its pride of high performance, lots of memory space, easy to upgrade, it also has large screen monitor, and also the real reason why some people still keeps it around is because it is cheaper than laptop which i add to. Bit I still stand to say that I still prefer Laptop over Desktop computer.

2. jkmquitasol

jkmquitasol New Member

I prefer both. We have one desktop in our house and individual laptops because we use it in our school and also for our jobs. A desktop computer is convenient in the household because it is like the computer for the whole family. Laptops however is for personal use and for work so it may have information that needs to be hidden and such. Laptops are also convenient because it is the daily computer for school and for work, and it is portable so you can carry it and use it outside the house. In terms of the speed of computer, I prefer the desktop because it has the larger capacity to upgrade its processors and also the RAM.

3. Joshua Bautista

Joshua Bautista New Member

I have both laptop and desktop but I like my desktop more it can handle more task than my laptop can do and I can play games with my desktop with high fps. The only thing that I used my laptop is when I'm not home.

4. mdbree17

mdbree17 New Member

I have a desktop computer. Actually, these two are essential. You can finish tasks at home with a desktop or if you're on the go you may use your laptop especially when you're attending conferences and meetings.

A laptop is portable. Easy to carry, not that heavy. Desktop is somehow bulky, yet performs well, too. Whatever it is suits your taste and makes you more comfortable, then go for it.

5. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

Hi @Jsmith , I have a laptop and a desktop and I will tell you why I prefer both. My laptop is lightweight and I can move around with it anywhere in my home or away, but I prefer my desktop when watching movies since I have found that the pictures have better colours and also because of the wider screen. I use a couple of design software and my desktop is better again because of the colours and also speed.My desktop was also much cheaper than my laptop.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  6. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

I have both. I use my Desktop computer when I have works to do at home and also it is the one that I used everytime I play games it's because my Desktop computer has a higher specs. than my laptop. And I use my laptop everytime I have to go outside but still got works to do or I bring it every time I travel. But I cant play on my laptop because the specs of it is not for gaming.

7. analo

analo New Member

I have a desktop PC. I don't use laptops, since they are generally more expensive, battery life is obviously limited ( and once dead, laptop batteries are in my experience expensive to replace, unless you buy used ), badly designed ones overheat easily etc. Honestly I rather use a tablet, it can do almost everything a laptop can do except play games, but i don't think playing games on a laptop is a good idea anyway. Tablets are also more portable - being much lighter and are much less expensive, they also tend to last longer ( in my experience) if you buy quality ones which is also a plus etc.

8. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

Now, when it comes to communication gadgets portability has always being my first priority and as a result of this, laptop has always been my preference compared to desktop computers. The comfortablilty of using a laptop has always made me fall in love with it as it's a lot more easier for me to move about with it any place and whenever or wherever I'm without feeling confined in one place like desktop usage does to people.

Although I have made use of desktop once back before I bought my first laptop, it was actually a nice experience then as I really enjoyed every bit of it's usage. Back then, the desktop computer was my all and all, in fact I couldn't get enough of it. I think that I could still remember on the first night I purchased the computer system, I was awake all through the night pressing it, surfing the internet and watching movies online as well. It was as if like I had won a lottery that particular night.

But then I started seeing people with laptops and I got so intrigued by the portability of the gadget. At first, the price of laptops were serious problem for me because back then I couldn't easily afford to buy it with the little I earn. I had to work and save for almost one long year before I was able to save up the amount that was enough to purchase my first laptop. I still cannot forget the first product brand that I bought, which was DELL. I really enjoyed the laptop, as it gave me the utmost satisfaction I would have wished for in making use of a computer gadget.

As the day goes by, the more I seek for improvement on the kind of computer systems that I make use of and lately, my preference is shifting gradually from laptop usage to tablets. Tablets are more cute, portable and even more easier to operate compared to some laptops or desktop computers.

9. Menachem

Menachem New Member

When I was a kid, I used to sit next to my dad and watch him use the computer. I had no idea what he was doing and did not have any idea what a mouse is. I went to the pet shop and bought him a mouse. He was shocked at the surprise I gave him.He told me exactly what a computer mouse looks like.That was over 40 years ago. From my father's help and love, managed to learn a lot.
    I bought a computer and then from there on learning every day. Wow! so many things have changed and all the technology that moves like lightning from day to day.
    Today I have a Mac which I am very happy with.