IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you like to hike through nature?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by btruskosky, Jan 5, 2016.

1. btruskosky

btruskosky New Member

I think walking or hiking through the outdoors is great. I find it great to have fresh air and enjoy beautiful scenery. It's also great exercise.

2. Kamil795

Kamil795 New Member

Ofc, youre right. Im living in village, and i can said, that your words are true :D

3. trea

trea New Member

Definitely! Aside from what btruskosky mentioned, I believe that being with nature calms and relaxes us physically and mentally. I also feel reenergized after spending some time with Mother Nature so I really recommend it especially when you're down or stressed out.

By the way, have you heard of the benefits of hugging a tree? It might feel odd and you'd look a weirdo but I think the benefits are real. Please try it and share your experiences here. :)

4. Paran Kapur

Paran Kapur New Member

I have had one the best experiences when it comes to trekking in the nature. I visited the Himalayas last June and I had a beautiful time there. One of the best things about trekking in nature? It lets you connect with the positive energy and vibrations around you. It gives you time with yourself for a better and deeper understanding of one's own existence. Nature gives you peace and serenity as you slowly walk amidst the dense Forrest, with only a little light entering through the canopies, the sound of leaves and bushes gushing away with the wind, the chirping of the distant birds and the realization of the unity of the soul with the supreme.

5. tata143

tata143 New Member

Yes! hiking through nature is great and relaxing. Watching the trees with green leaves and breathing with fresh air reminds me of how great is our Creator. Nature is a blessing for me, away from the noise and pollution from the cities. It shows the original beauty of the world. I often enjoy walking through nature with my family especially with my 3 kids, they would always love running and be sitting down on the grass playing, and I would always love watching them thankfully.

6. plenc

plenc Member

A walk in the park may soothe the mind and, in the process, change the workings of our brains in ways that improve our mental health, according to an interesting new study of the physical effects on the brain of visiting nature.
    Most of us today live in cities and spend far less time outside in green, natural spaces than people did several generations ago.
    City dwellers also have a higher risk for anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses than people living outside urban centers
    Until recently, when I thought of hiking I thought only of heavy boots and questionable large men with big backpacks (probably because of Pokemon)…. But after having been hiking a bit this year, I’ve come to realize why hiking is awesome. Hiking is great for a bunch of reasons (some health related, some not):

+ almost everyone can do it! (if you can walk, you can hike)
    + burns calories, increases energy and all the other benefits of aerobic activity
    + nature is pretty (and vitamin D!)
    + improves balance
    + boosts mood

Not bad right? The hardest part of hiking is probably finding trails.

7. Gee Wanjiru

Gee Wanjiru New Member

I love nature but I am definitely not the hiking kind of lady. I dislike hiking because I get allergic reactions when my skin comes in contact with most of the plants. For example, when I pass on grass I itch for days.

Another reason is I do not like bugs, crawling insects etc. My phobias revolve around insects; number one in my insect phobia list is a millipede, followed closely by slugs. Oh my, I cringe at their sight. I know this might not be a big deal of a phobia for most but it is for me. One of my friends who does not 'respect' my phobia told me to look for another phobia. If we would be allowed to choose phobias, I definitely wouldn't choose these.

The other reason is that I just fear bushes and anything fishy they might be hiding in them. I also fear being injured so I prefer to watch nature from a distance.

8. Robin j Finch

Robin j Finch New Member

I use to go hiking in the woods and I really want to do it again. I love the smell of the air and breeze blowing though the trees. My favorite time is fall and spring. I like the feel of the crisp air when it's just starting to get cold in fall and the smell of the flowers as they bloom in the spring I think my favorite thing is how I feel. It's very relaxing and I find I have a bounce in my step and I feel much better throughout the rest of my week.

9. napash

napash New Member

Whenever I feel the need to escape from my normal busy life, I pack and hike to the mountains. It gives me the feeling of being in control because I can conquer it. Reaching the top and seeing the amazing pictureque are two things I cherish most whenever I hike. It lets me think that their is always something to look forward in life.