IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you make friends if you go outdoor?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by shamiraangel, Apr 28, 2015.

1. shamiraangel

shamiraangel New Member

Every time i go out i make a lot of friends is it because am so friendly or thats my nature i really like it

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. star22

star22 New Member

I go outdoor a lot, sometimes I meet new people, sometimes I don't. For me it's easier to make friends if I'm involved in a group activity, if I'm just running by myself I don't usually stop to chat. Making new friends isn't easy for me, I'm very shy, but I'm trying to get better at talking to strangers. Hope one day I'll be making friends everywhere, just like you do

3. RangaNayaki

RangaNayaki New Member

Yes, making friends is a good thing that helps us see ourselves clearly in their perspective. Friends tell you your weaknesses and help you overcome them. I do have a lot of friends who help me almost every day. I would suggest anyone to go out, have some fresh air, make some new friends everyday, have a lot of fun and live a healthy and a happy life.

4. johanna white

johanna white New Member

I prefer to make friends online, there is less social pressure and you can meet people who you know already have similar interest. When you are outside in the physical world, people do not just walk up to you and chat. It can be nerve wrecking to some people just to chat to a stranger online. When you see someone in public, you don't know what to sat all the time. That person might think you are a weirdo!

5. Dimplez

Dimplez New Member

I am a people person, it is not hard for me to start a conversation with someone. I think sometimes its natural to meet new people in all different places. I do however feel like good friends are hard to find also. I do feel like in person you can tell a lot about a person, but in a lot of cases it can come with a lot of drama. I find meeting friends online is a better choice for me.

6. SoloSalsa

SoloSalsa New Member

I like to make friends when I'm going outdoors, but it usually depends where I'm going. If I'm camping at a lake for a few days or so I'll usually meet some of the people who are also camping around and begin to talk with them. If I'm just hiking it's a little bit harder to start a conversation with someone because everyone is just passing each other while walking up and down.

7. Susan

Susan New Member

I am a bit shy so I find it hard to meet people. I have met a few people when we've been out camping but we have never stayed friends. I find it easier to meet people online. There is less pressure that way. I met my fiance online five years ago. I don't think I would have met him any other way. I am just not a people person. I find it hard to carry on a conversation with a stranger. Once I get to know someone I am much more relaxed and conversations come more easily.

8. Jude

Jude New Member

I, normally, make friends when I go out. I'm a very talkative and playful person and I love to talk with other individuals and make some friends.
    I'm very sociable and I think that's one of the main reasons I like to write posts in forums, because we can meet an enormous variety of people and talk, share some knowledge and learn with others :)

9. RedVixen64

RedVixen64 New Member

I am very sociable and not particularly shy so yes I do make friends easily but it isn't like this for everyone. I love to watch my granddaughter when she is playing with other children as they interact so easily when they are very young. When we go on holiday she has a new best friend every day but this seems to change once we reach a certain age.

Although I am confident in social situations now I can remember feeling quite awkward when I was a teenager. I was never one of the popular gang so I think I have become more sociable with age.

10. owen027

owen027 Member

11. cheryl

cheryl New Member

I rarely ever make any friends anywhere. I guess it's because I'm quiet until I get to know someone. I always wait for people to talk to me first and that rarely happens. People will say hi to me at church, but that's about it. When I am around people or out among them I end up feeling even more alone.

12. abunae

abunae New Member

Very rarely, I am quite shy, and I don't think I look very approachable. I get a bit anxious and awkward when talking to strangers too. I am quite for the most part until I get to know somebody. I prefer meeting and talking to people online, I feel less pressure. I have met my best friends from games online!

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I guess that I'm a bit shy too and don't make friends too quickly being cautious too. I will speak when spoken to though, even if they are a stranger I'll speak to them and sometimes we become casual friends. We exchange emails and phone numbers, but I don't have a car, so it's not easy going out on the bus.

14. Kronnoz

Kronnoz New Member

I'd even like it, but I'm very reserved. I'm a nice guy, but by my way I usually can only make friends on the internet, almost always with people distant.

15. mshaggy7

mshaggy7 New Member

When I Walk outdoor Am Not Able To Talk To People, i Mean Start A Conversation With People. I Think Its Because Am Shy And Not Wanting To hot Anyone's feelings. But My Friends Says That Its Because Am introvert. But I Just Always Like Seeing People In Happy mood, that's all I Think.

16. RockStarzArmy

RockStarzArmy New Member

When I go out in public outdoors there are lots of friendly people and I'm a friendly person so I'm friendly back to them. But as far as making friends is a complete different story. I'm an old soul and I have trouble having just one acquaintance let alone a friend. People can put on a mask of facade face to face just as easily as they do online. It's very difficult to trust a person right away, if at all.

17. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I am a totally different person from all others near to me.I am not too much curious about making new friends because of many reasons.I think so that a friend couldn't be our friend for a longer time.He might change his destination or his point of view about us.But honestly when I go outside, I become more friendly with many people.But I have never tried to make new friends.I prefer to make a limited number of friends who can understand and help us in our difficulties.I think so that making a lot of friends is just a headache.

18. Hannah Malagueno

Hannah Malagueno New Member

I always thought I was the "people-person" kind. Wherever I go, I often make sure to make friends. Not until I worked in a company where I am the youngest employee in our department. I even find it difficult to interact and talk with them, maybe be cause they have a different wavelength than mine. Thus, I always end up being alone during a lunch break or a company outing.

I realized that making friends is not an easy task, especially, if it deals with people of different age, ethnicity, culture, belief or even race. Yet you can always make one. With a right dose of sincerity and a good talk, you're good to go then.

19. courtney

courtney New Member

No, When I go out I usually never make new friends. I have social anxiety so talking to someone face to face is not in my comfort zone. I would like to make new friend but with this disorder it make it really difficult. More power to the one's that can go out talk to people like they have been friend the whole time.

20. elle48

elle48 New Member

Looking back, I think I always made friends anywhere I went. Not instantly mind you. But when I am in a new environment, I always try to observe the people around me. There are people who are also shy and reserved so I take caution before approaching them. But sometimes, other people approach me also and start a conversation. If you show others that you are open and approachable, it easy for them to talk to us. Even just to say "Hi" at first. A smile and a nod are signals that you are open to them. And be polite when approaching others. Also try to make some nice or funny things to say to break the ice.