IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you prefer to go to the gym or workout at home?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by blueleaf, Apr 15, 2015.

1. blueleaf

blueleaf New Member

I workout at home. It is so much better than going to the gym for me. You do not have to pay a membership, you can do whatever workouts you want, and you can workout whenever you want. Some people do prefer the gym, and that's perfectly fine. I am one of those people who like to workout at home. I also like to go running ans walking around my neighborhood and the park.

Kimika and nmatbd like this.
  2. kamigreed

kamigreed New Member

I also prefer to workout at home rather than a gym as I don't have to pay the transport and the gym fees. I do not have any equipment at all in my house so I mainly do push-ups, squats and a bit of running when I feel like it. I feel that this is a more time efficient and cheaper way as you still have time to do your other stuff for the day and you won't risk buying any more things that you might be tempted to buy outside and I can just eat out below my house where it is cheaper compared to the food that they are selling outside.

3. mrindependent

mrindependent New Member

I also would rather work out at home unless there's a gym that's close by my house and i have work out buddies.

4. Llingua

Llingua New Member

I prefer working out at home. I have the choice of which exercises to do, music and time. It's also a lot cheaper. By the way, I really hate the smell of the gym, too!

5. cupcake20

cupcake20 New Member

As you say, we all have our own preferences with regards to this thing. I prefer going out to exercise and feel the fresh air and see the beauties of nature. It is better to exercise outside than stay inside a room or in a gym because of the better condition of the environment outside. It is good to breathe fresh air while you are running and feel the heat from the sun. You can also sweat easily outside especially if the sun is up and you are doing a vigorous or hard training and exercise. We all do what pleases us so at the end of the day, it is your own choice where to do your exercises.

6. vziglar

vziglar New Member

I personally prefer to go to the gym. I feel like when I am surrounded by people that have the same goal as me it pushes me. I usually pack my gym bag and go straight from work. That way I have a routine and I dedicate 130-2hrs to working out at least 4 days a week. I found that when I tried to work out at home I would get distracted to easily. When your at the gym even without a trainer it's hard to quit. When I'm exhausted and think I can't do anymore I just look to my left/right and see someone who's focused and killing it. And me being the competitor I am start going even harder.

7. rojuslap

rojuslap New Member

I like working out at home since I have all the proper equipment I use. I just personally do not like working out next to other people, working out alone gives me more privacy.

Akoria likes this.
  8. yoyo88

yoyo88 New Member

I workout at home now days only because it's my only option as of right now . I would much rather go to the gym .I put more work in there most of the time . Now that I'm a stay at home mom I have to get my workout in whenever I can .

9. faithb

faithb New Member

I prefer to have a workout on my own at home. Aside from I am more comfortable with it, I don't need to pay for any membership fee or any other fees imposed by most of the gyms. These training places may not be very expensive but as a student, going to a gym is the least in my priorities financially.

Akoria likes this.
  10. Akoria

Akoria New Member

I love workout at home most of the times because I get to do all the types I want to do without looking funny to anyone. Who feels me???lol

I get to look funny, do funny stuff, laugh at myself when I fall and most especially, I don't get to inhale anyone's unique scent(you know what I mean right???).
    Another crazy thing I get to do is put on the air conditioner as I exercise.

11. dwt

dwt New Member

I HAVE to workout at a gym. If I'm home - even if I have the equipment - I wont workout. I have to have a place to physically go to, and in many ways, that acts as my motivation. I also like being around other people who are working out. That's the biggest motivation factor for me. Seeing other people working out, and being in that atmosphere. It's almost a church-like or spiritual experience. Weird, I know...

12. Pedro Soares

Pedro Soares New Member

I prefer working out on the gym, it`s another motivation, there are a lot of machines to do every muscle, is more sofisticated and its a great place to meet other interesting person, friends...

13. Kumari

Kumari New Member

I prefer to workout at home rather than going to the gym. For me going to the gym is unnecessary membership expense every month. At home I can workout at my own convenience and free of cost. Some people like going to the gym and also like to have personal trainer. It's perfectly fine to workout at home or at the gym. I like to do yoga, simple breathing exercise, walking and skipping rope so prefer to workout at home. Working out at home is much easy as I can do at any time, early morning or at late night. For some people they like to have proper atmosphere and equipment to do proper workout. They like to build good muscles, reduce fat and get perfect body shape and for this reason they prefer going to the gym.

For healthy living it is very important to workout, no matter where you workout, at home or at the gym that's not important.

14. KyCreativeLady

KyCreativeLady New Member

I prefer working out at home. I use to go to a gym but fitting the workout in to my schedule is easier when I can do the exercises at home. When working out at home, I do not have to wait my turn on a machine or worry about someone running me over on the track. I can go at my own pace and use my time more wisely working out at home.

15. Kennedy Oluoch

Kennedy Oluoch New Member

I prefer working out at the gym, because of the available workout resources which cannot fit at home. Again, there is social life in the gym as compared to home, which in turn motivates an individual to be disciplined in his/her work out routine.

16. Artisana

Artisana New Member

I am not a big fan of gyms, even though I enjoy working out. As I don't have any gym equipment in my home, I like to go and visit a friend of mine who happens to be an osteopath with a home gym and swimming pool for his clients. I usually go to his place on weekends when he isn't treating anyone, and enjoy the entire range of his machines. An added bonus is that my friend is able to give me very specific advice on what parts of my body I need to work in order to improve my muscle tone and overall health. He even has some special home-made equipment that he adapted to the needs of some of his patients. I love going there, as the atmosphere has something calming and holistic about it, which is quite the opposite to the usually loud music and competitive feeling in public gyms.

17. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome New Member

I work out at home not by choice. I'd like to join a gym in my city that has a heated pool as my doctor wants me to try swimming for fitness to get pressure off my bad knees. I can't afford that right now but what I can afford is youtube workouts streaming while I carefully attempt them in my living room.

18. kalisha streeter

kalisha streeter New Member

I prefer the gym rather than home workouts ,because the gym has different and many equipments I can choose from. Many of the equipments be treadmills , Weights ,Pull up equipment , and as well as many bicyclists .

I Love having the choice to do other things , instead of walking , and or jogging around the neighborhood.

19. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan New Member

It depends and it depends on individuals' choice, to a large extent.

If you just want to keep yourself fit (and the definition of it may vary dramatically, person to person) - I think 'working out at home' is fine. However, if you like to see 6-pack abs, a chiseled chest and perfect biceps - well, home workout, without machines won't suffice and you have to hit the gym. There was a time I used to spent two and half hours in the gym with personal instructor and it was fun! :D

On the other hand - I also believe that the key to a good fitness is your discipline whether or not you are hitting a gym. If you can stick to your fitness regime everyday, well, you'll be fit for sure but as I said earlier if those cuts in the body attracts you, you've to do the specific exercises meant for them - and have to them in the gym under instructor else you'll end up hurting yourself.

20. kammy

kammy New Member

I always enjoyed and basked in the positive vibes that I got whenever I visited the gym. I am out of a job and cannot afford to pay my gymnasium membership at the moment. I am now getting use to exercising in the comfort of my home with my children and I am enjoying every minute of it. I can confidently say I do enjoy both worlds.