IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you support a 'one world' religion?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by stephen mungai, May 2, 2017.

1. stephen mungai

stephen mungai New Member

Do you support the coming together of all religions into one?

2. Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson New Member

I do not support a one world religion. There is no such thing because if it does happen it is man made and its not the truth. All religions have there differences and it is stupid to try to bring them all together. Muslim beliefs is not the same thing as Christian beliefs. They are totally different and they should not even be close to each other.

3. VLXF

VLXF New Member

One has to wonder what this would imply, and why would it come to pass, is it preferable over the current situation?
    On the one hand I feel that it is beautiful that the world has so many diverse beliefs and accompanying cultures, but at the same time they do divide us.
    If we wish to become a truly planetary civilization, and perhaps one day even a cosmic civilization, then I do feel an one world religion would be preferable over the current situation. But what would this religion be about? I feel it should be very naturalistic, open and inviting. Never dogmatically closed. However history shows that regardless of the intent of the initiators, followers often get lost in all the external principles instead of grasping the inner truths they are trying to convey. Thus becoming very dogmatic and closed to other interpretations and viewpoints.

I think that a true 'one world' 'religion' would in fact be nameless, and invisible. Not having any church or temple, nor any specific rituals or days of worship. It would be based on the 'enlightened' educated and civilized development of all humans. Simply as a natural respect and understanding for all, demonstrated by everyday compassion and wholesome pursuits.

4. LeeLeakey

LeeLeakey New Member

I don't unity doesn't prove fellowship/ 1belief is possible.. Never seen that work in history as well, brother. Freedom to worship to your God, religious day, believes/virtues is what i can vie for

5. Ashley Dvorak

Ashley Dvorak New Member

I think if there was to be a one world religion it should be ...love. Every religion is the same it teaches others to be kind to one another. The only differences arise when we decide where we are going to go after we die or if we are going to go anywhere. Do I believe in all religions ? I would have to say no I do not. I can see similarities though. I personally believe in the Bible and I believe in love and treating others the way you want to be treated. People are never going to agree on one religion. People do not even agree on which car to purchase, how are you going to get everyone to follow one religion? That is an impossible, unreasonable and inhumane feat my friend. People have their own free will never expect them to believe in something just because you do. It is quite absurd and unrealistic in my opinion.