IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think affiliate marketing is still on it's way up?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Kavi, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Do you think affiliate marketing is making it's way up or down?

1. Up

14.3%
  2. Down

85.7%
  1. Kavi

Kavi New Member

I have been reading a lot about affiliate marketing lately, infact have tried it on my blog as well. In my opinion, affiliate marketing is on it's way down. Every website or blog is trying to promote other brands/companies. Some fill their websites with advertisements. Sometimes, I have to literally struggle to see/read the main content. I feel that people are starting to ignore the advertisements. I personally just close the webpage which has too many advertisements.

What's your view on it? Do you think affiliate marketing is on it's way up or down?

2. Lee Ka

Lee Ka New Member

I think there is still space for affiliate marketing to grow. I found that many bloggers are still adding the affiliate links, such as Amazon products, on their blogs. When readers found them useful, they might still click on the links to buy the products. I would do so, as it does not cost me extra, but it does help the blogger to earn a little bit extra, which I think it is a way to show our support to the blogger as well.

Hence, I think if the ads are placed nicely and properly, and the blog is worth to read and follow, the readers will not mind the ads to be there and even help to support by clicking on the ads.

3. Kavi

Kavi New Member

Thank you for sharing your view Lee Ka.

I do agree that we should support the bloggers. But, the fact is, I myself own a blog and have placed advertisements. The number of visitors have gone down drastically as compared to what it was about a year back. Most of the people have Amazon app installed on their smart phones. So, they don't really click on the links.

There are certain blogs/websites whose content is good, but they have placed too many ads, which annoys the readers.

4. aksingh

aksingh New Member

affiliate marketing is down its way cause many top marketers are promoting their own products coz they did not find it profitable to sell other's products for small amounts

5. Moranme

Moranme New Member

Websites of top 7 anti-virus companies appear in page 1 and 2 of google search. Google adsense must be scrapped. Actually google might be killing internet/affiliate marketing. Google tracks browsing habits of people and they might be using it for adsense if top 5 searches are for adsense websites.

No sales for my affiliate link in past 2 years. I will go back to writing articles for my website and earn money from my writings which has got good response. At this rate there will be no internet marketing after 5 years.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. Zacharia

Zacharia New Member

Based on my opinion, affiliate marketing is moving down each and every day. It is very hard to get quality traffic as the market is very saturated. Most people are just lazy in reading a five hundred word article. Scammers arise every single day in search of quick cash.

7. hpernaf

hpernaf New Member

I believe the essence of affiliate marketing is very good, but I believe it is already very saturated.
    Here in Brazil, for example, I see a ton of websites and blogs trying to sell affiliate courses through standard articles in order to pollute the internet.

I think in 5 years something will have to change as I do not see progress in this marketing format. Of course, that's just my opinion.