IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think education is necessary to become rich?

Discussion in 'Education' started by nemanjanp, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Zaybrie

Zaybrie New Member

Back in the day anyone who wanted a good job had to go to school. It was so ingrained into us throughout the years that the schools were flooded and all these white collared jobs got flooded and now people are in debt and cannot find a job. I often wondered the same thing until I realized that blue collar jobs are booming and many pay well and very rarely do you need schooling for those. At best you may need to go to a trade school, but many jobs will help you get through them.

2. Secre

Secre New Member

Certainly from the perspective of the UK, education is necessary to get even low level jobs which will not make you rich. Anything above the £30,000 mark is going to expect you to have a degree and preferably a Masters or even PhD. I have an undergraduate degree and have found however that so many people now have that qualification that it is all but useless.

In terms of a more general perspective; a decent degree of education is almost certainly required to make your way in the world and make a reasonable amount of money. If you aren't educated then you can't hold your own in what has become a dog eat dog world. It is therefore all but essential to stay in high school if you want to amount to anything. Once you have a decent standard of basic education however, there are certainly other ways forward that don't involve university.

I have several friends and acquaintances who make substantially more money than I do through jobs like mechanics or electricians which required long stints as an apprentice and learning on the job. However, although that might not be classed as standard education it is still education of a sort and not somewhere you are likely to succeed unless you are willing to put the time and effort into that alternate line of learning.

Essentially, this boils down to; stay in school. Learn what they have to offer. Then when you have finished school make your decision as to where you want to go next. There are many different routes but very few of them will be open to you if you quit high school before you get to them.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones New Member

Education is not necessary in becoming rich but at least finish high school. If you have an idea to move forward on and the money to set the founation for it you already have jumped two hurdles to becoming successful. If along the way you find that you need more knowledge there are limitless books available to help you or go back to school.

A few words about those who are wealthy they always surround themselves with educated people.

4. to7update

to7update New Member

I think it's all about opportunities. So, naturally that an education is not necessary to be rich, but if we do have an education, we will have more opportunities to be rich. Like you say @Secre, if we don't have an education, we can most likely only access low level job and the opportunity to get rich is smaller. At the same time having a degree doesn't mean we will reach those 1%. It's a mix between education, luck and initiative I believe.

5. Jane Marie

Jane Marie New Member

Please don't drop out of school. It is the best time of your life where you get to learn for free. Use these years to decide what interests you and go down that line for business. If you want to be rich, then learn your subject and be as best as you can at it. You should get yourself a trade to fall back on in the hard times, and there will be hard times.

You don't have to be educated to become rich, as a lot of very clever people never become rich, and a lot of rich people are not educated. Any education that you have could be beneficial to your becoming wealthy, but remember that true richness comes with having a wisdom of all things. A great book I recommend is 'The science of getting rich' by Wallis Wattles. Read a lot, and study all you can, all your life and you will see riches and abundance in all things as well as to attract monetary wealth.

6. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

Yes that's a good question to our education system most of the people are illiterate because they don't have much money to pay college and tuition fee.In my point Of view only two types of people can study
    1-Rich
    2-The first one
    Lower class can't afford such high fee to educate their child that's why most of the people are uneducated

7. chingam116

chingam116 New Member

A person may become rich without education if his sole aim is to become rich. But the difference will be unless if he is extremely lucky he is going to face lot of hurdles, humiliation, deceit etc in the process of becoming rich.

Education will help to shorten the process of becoming rich as he is well aware how to preserve and multiply his money to become rich. History has got both the examples people without education becoming rich either by their virtues such as honesty, passion, and business acumen and also examples of educated and then rich who have applied their knowledge in the process of becoming rich.

Education and becoming rich may look like two different things but the internal quality that makes a person to succeed in both of these fields is the same that is the burning desire.

8. mericamarie

mericamarie New Member

I believe that answers this question perfectly.

9. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 New Member

I don't. I think it's more about who you know and what you are good at. However, I think education can be a key factor in how you want to get rich. There are many ways to get rich, and a lot do not require a college degree to get rich. Except a good education can be a good way to sustain a livable wage, which most people would like. But to get rich, I do not believe education is 100% important for it.

10. lolu0259

lolu0259 New Member

The problem people have is that they mix up education with schooling. You can be educated without stepping the 4 walls of school. Even those that wrote part of our text book dint school but they are educated and thirsty for knowledge. You can only b financially free to the extent at which your mind is educated.

11. CarrieSummers

CarrieSummers New Member

Children should be taught that education is not important because it makes you rich. Always study because you want to learn and be knowledgable. Also, learn what you love and don't let others influence your decisions about your own future. I took the wrong course because I thought that I will earn more when I graduate and work. It's also because my sister was studying the same course at that time. During college, I didn't have the passion to study and I barely graduated.

12. Eliot

Eliot New Member

Education brings knowledge and understanding, and practical for wealth if you are into that subject. Other wise, there is no meaning.

13. dman

dman New Member

Education is one of the greatest weapon given to humanity.Education is the process of imparting skill,knoweledge an judgement.Does who have transformed our generation never stopped learning .There were educated. You can get money without education but you can spend it without education.does that transformed did not.have b.s.c but they were educated. Education is the best legacy

Bobo likes this.
  14. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Hy, I have a master degree and I,m not rich yet, because I had a mental illnes and now I found a medicament which works. But you see, also with a master degree I had no chance to find a job, but it exists other opportunities to get money and become rich. I know, on the internet you will find a lot of offers who promises that you will get rich in short time, but the most of this offers are scam and you will loose your money. Be careful when somebody will force you to invest in binary options, because that is all fake and just the brokers get money and that is your money! But I know some opportunities where you can get 50%/month and its legal and proofed. Dont think that couldn,t be because at the bank you get 1% interest per year and this is not possible to make so much interest per month. Don,t be stupid and believe what the banks tell us. The banks make also 50% and more per month, but they have to pay the managers millions of dollars for provision and when theiy make a mistake they become still money for leaving the bank! And that we pay with our money and thats the reason why you become just nothing for your cash on the bank account. When you are interested in possibilities to make good money than go to www.blockchain-netzwerk.com and see, what possibilities there be presented. Its proofed and it works, but its allways a risk when you invest money, but the risk you can calculate when you know what you do.

15. Manandez

Manandez New Member

Hello nemanjanp,

Yes, dedicating a huge amount of time is worth every single minute to achieve goals in life and to have a successful career everywhere in the world. But you state two different things in your post: goals and dreams.

From what I can read, you already have the answer about reaching your goals, but you are not sure if you let everything go for the dreams. In my opinion, you should think about what your dreams are and if they meet your goals, and vice versa. We all must choose paths in life for what we are endeavoring, and most of the time it is not an easy task. Just sit back every time you feel uncomfortable about how things are getting in your life and ask yourself what is the best thing you should do. One thing is for sure, you want to be rich. To be a wealthy man, you know you will have to study hard (I deducted that from your own words). So I ask you, if you want to be rich, and you meet that goal, how can't you pursue your dreams as a wealthy man? Deep inside of you I think you already have the answer.

Wish you all the best!

16. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

No, I don't believe that education is necessary to become rich. Education can help along the journey, but its many ways around it. If you are creative and determined there are so many resources out here. We pay tons of money to universities to learn about things these days that can be researched online or taken for free. You just have to know what you want out of life how to get it, who to connect with and when to make a move!

17. Andrew Sabaratnam

Andrew Sabaratnam New Member

Education does not make you rich. Passion, ambition and drive are the determining factors. Education will probably show that you have achieved a certain higher order level of thinking, but it will not make you rich. But will help is to learn how to unleash your creativity. New ideas fuel big businesses.

Bare in mind, that richest men in the world were dropouts: Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, etc.

But they all had passion, drive and ambition. And they were all creative. And they took their creative ideas and made big bugs out of them.

18. babegriev

babegriev New Member

Education provides us with a foundation, from which we can continue. It very much depends on the person, and how self-motivated they are. For success, lacking a college degree puts you at a disadvantage in corporations and requires you to refine your job searches. However, one's view of success is much different from another's. To get rich, you do not necessarily have to be employed in such jobs. If you intend to start your own business or work for yourself in some way, then you do not have to have that piece of paper that says you're smart.

That being said, going into entrepreneurship has been done many times before, and the successes and failures have been well documented. Pursuing a degree in business will put you at a great advantage among others in a very competitive market. Having a degree will also allow you to get a job in a corporation where you can gain experience, and maybe more importantly, startup expenditure. While you can get a loan, that is something you have to pay back, with interest.

If your question is do you absolutely have to have a degree to get rich, no. However, you are putting yourself in a position that is far more difficult when you do not have the foundations in the field that you wish to make money in.

19. Nnanna

Nnanna New Member

Someone on this thread has got to realize that that there is an enormous difference between education and school. If people like Zuckerberg dropped out of school, does that mean they're not educated? Are you kidding me? School teaches you the linear patterns to get specific end results. Education is all about what you decide to teach yourself, and there's nothing linear about education. Education exists, not only in school, but in our everyday lives. Being educated has nothing to do with a college degree. You can get one if you decide that's where how you want to get rich. If you decide you want to get rich by selling weed, then learning the art of selling weed without getting caught is a more necessary education compared to a degree in English. So you have to decide what you want to do to make money. And you have to decide the journey you need to get there.

20. Sujeeth

Sujeeth New Member

"I really don't think that this is true; there are many people in this world who haven't even went to school, but still there are the richest man in this world. And all such people do exist and have been there. I believe that what a person needs to be hard-working; dedicated; risk-taker and also very important factor for today's world and that is smart to catch-up the golden opportunities of the life and get rich. Whatever I have stated above is quite true; but still we showoff be educated enough to help our nation in a proper way."