IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think the human body should be considered Science?

Discussion in 'Science' started by CarlosTheMusketeer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. CarlosTheMusketeer

CarlosTheMusketeer New Member

The body and science Hmm?

2. valentinb

valentinb New Member

I would say yes, of course. The human body is the PERFECT machine ever created. Probably it was not only created by the nature and by the evolution, but also "engineered" by somebody else, that had a similar body.

Many scientists say that people that are not good at exact sciences (like math and physics) and also not good at literature should become physicians. So medicine is a science and I guess, the most difficult of all existent sciences. After all, in every science one can indulge himself to be wrong, except in medicine.

3. Oolong

Oolong New Member

Yes. The human body is part of nature as well. The study of living things is biology. Botany is the study of plants, zoology, the study of animals, and the study of the human body is called physiology and anatomy. All are considered different branches of biology, which is a science.

4. Kristine

Kristine New Member

No I think the human body is a work of art not a science. It is perfect in its own way and it can't be perfectly replaced by anything. Just like art. You can't 100% forge art that has been created by another person's hand. Science has different theories coming up all the time.

5. sarasnake99

sarasnake99 New Member

Absolutely! The most basic explanation, of course, is that we are animals, and the study of animals is zoology- which is widely accepted as a branch of science. Of course, one could go much deeper and claim that our bodies are works of engineering- highly advanced machines, if you will. Some would call us "art", which in my mind is a science- techniques and new ways of seeing things are always being invented and improved upon, much like the scientific method. As a reply to Kristine's post above mine, all I have to say is that nothing in science can be perfectly replaced either- new theories often replace the old, but each discarded theory was a stepping stone to where we are today, and we would not be here if it weren't for the work of our predecessors. However wrong they might have been, their work was once a vital part of our understanding of the universe, and that really seems quite beautiful to me!