IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you use any fitness apps on your mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by ladybug, Apr 21, 2015.

1. ladybug

ladybug New Member

Now that the weather is finally warmer where I live, I intend to do a lot of walking for exercise. I will do other exercises as I'm able to but I have some medical conditions that limit what I can do, so walking is my best option.

In order to track what I am doing, I decided to try a pedometer app on my cell. Much to my surprise, there are tons of options available. I downloaded two different free apps to test for now. Hopefully, one will work well as my thought is to challenge myself to do more steps every day. I considered tracking by time or miles, but I think counting steps will work best for me.

2. cochow

cochow New Member

Fitness point i use

3. kikofran

kikofran New Member

I do not use any fitness app on my phone. I have already installed several apps, but did not use any.
    I wanted to do physical exercise at home, and did not like any app for your phone, I researched and found a youtube channel quite good, with several exercises you can do at home. If you want to know the channel I am talking about search on youtube: P4P
    You will easily find because it is well known;)

4. VaivainenSiili

VaivainenSiili New Member

I use MyFitnessPal, because it is the easiest way I have found for counting calories. It used to be rather hard, since you had to log everything in manually and there were so many things to remember. With MyFitnessPal, the only thing that I have to do is put in the weight of the food and it logs it automatically. It also keeps track of many other things, but I mainly use it for calorie counting.

SarahWorksAtHome likes this.
  5. Elaine94

Elaine94 New Member

I am trying to gain weight at the moment and MyFitnessPal is the most effective app to count calories and keep track of your progress.Most of the time,I scan the barcode of the product I am about to eat and the app adds the calories to my daily calorie intake.
    If you want to maintain your weight then your daily calorie intake should be around 2000 calories.If you want to keep gaining weight week by week then you have to eat high calorie foods such as steak,tuna,peanuts,almonds and bananas.This calorie intake should be even higher if you are working out at the gym and living an active lifestyle.

6. carl whitmore

carl whitmore New Member

I am sure fitness apps would be helpful. I just do not use fitness apps. I do not find it helpful to use these apps. I do not think they are a waste of time. There are many people who use fitness apps. They are just not for me.

7. jonesfred823

jonesfred823 New Member

Walking is a good exercise itself. I believe apps are useful, it's good you found a pedometer app! I use an app called "Tabata", it gives out daily routines and it has its own timer.

8. mommystayhome

mommystayhome New Member

Yes I do, I use NexTrack, with this app you track your activity and you gain points that you can redeem for gift cards. I also use the Anytime Fitness and AH Mobile these are apps that go with your Anytime fitness membership. I also use a Body Progress app were you can track your body measurements. I find this to be helpful in tracking my progress. It provides more encouragement for me. The scale sometimes doesn't always tell the full story and can be a little discouraging. You can use the body progress app track how many inches you lose and sometime when the scale doesn't move you can still be losing.

9. Cierra

Cierra New Member

I use the FitBit app on my smartphone and iPad Air 2. It's connected to my FitBit wireless activity tracker. It counts my steps, how much sleep I get, how much I move during sleep, and much more. You can view more info here. The app pairs with the tracker via Bluetooth and you are also able to manually re-sync it through your computer. I like how easy it is to view how many steps I have taken and how far away I am from my goal easily.

10. star22

star22 New Member

I'm a Myfitnesspal user too, I love that I'm able to track my diet and fitness with just one simple tool. Plus I can keep track of my goals, and that's something that really motivates me when I'm having a bad day.
    Generally speaking I think this apps are really helpful as long as you don't start obsessing about your calories intake, that can be very dangerous and lead to eating disorders, always keep that in mind.

SarahWorksAtHome likes this.
  11. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome New Member

I also use MyFitnessPal. I've tried many different apps and always go right back to "old faithful". I've found weight loss is a matter of calories in vs. calories out and the only way I can achieve my personal goals is to keep a close eye on those. Keeping a close eye, mind you, not obsessing! Never let it rule your life! I like how easy and user friendly it is and it has a feature where you can connect with social media (you don't have to share if you don't want to!) so that you can form a support group or accountability with friends. I really like that.

12. burrdun

burrdun New Member

I use MyFitnessPal too, I found it a great way to track my intake and motivate me, I lost 22lbs doing this. I've put on weight again (had a baby, didn't just get lazy!) and I'd like to do the 5:2 diet at some point but MFP doesn't make that easy. It's a shame because otherwise I really liked using it.

I also use Endomondo to track my walking, which was my main exercise. It is only a rough estimate though, so next time I want to do it I think I'll invest in a heartrate monitor for my phone and get more accurate results.

13. acoloradogirl

acoloradogirl New Member

Its funny that I just saw this topic! Yesterday I found an application on my new Android Note 4. It is for monitoring everything from how many steps you take in a day, to your heart rate, to what you are eating and how many calories you are burning. I am trying to lose 30 pounds and I think this is going to be a really big help in doing so.

It has an area where you type in everything you eat each day and it counts your calories and how many you burn by doing different activities. I am loving this! : )

14. Santosh

Santosh New Member

Hi ladybug, If your medical condition do not allow you to do other exercises, but only walking then 'Runkeeper' is the best free app for Android as well as iOs mobiles. Runkeeper works best by enabling the GPS on our mobile phone. It counts the distance traveled, average time per km, and also shows the map for the distance traveled. If you are ready to spend some bucks then there is whole lot of options like activity trackers which includes pedometer and also other sensors, which not only keeps track on the step counts but also on sleep quality , food intake log, water intake log, exercise done log, etc.

15. Anuradha Singh

Anuradha Singh New Member

I use Fit Phone
    This app provides you with a calendar that you can fill in with notes or files about your latest workout sessions. You and your trainer can use it to keep track of your cardio workouts as well as your sessions for strength training. It is ideal to use for both men's and women's fitness programs. With this program, it's almost like being on the phone with your trainer 24/7.

Fit Phone is available for all iOS devices from Apple

16. Shohana Rahman

Shohana Rahman New Member

not yet but i would like to use one health related tips contained app

17. mimi88jade

mimi88jade New Member

Yes I am using an app to track my exercising routine, like jogging in the morning. I usually discovered this app after I browsed a\my Android phone in search for "earn cash apps". This app help me gets on my routine because it is a challenge every week. I f I cannot meet the challenge, my money will be deducted automatically via PayPal. But if I win or overcome the challenge, I win a prize for those who did not meet the challenge.

18. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I think so that fitness apps may be helpful for us to make us fit and strong.I used some apps a long time ago but it was a hard ecperience for me.I don't use fitness apps,Because I have found that some of the apps are fake.These apps do not guide us in a good way.Instead of guiding us,these apps just show some irresponsible steps to perform on daily basis.That's why I have stopped to use such kind of apps.