IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you watch the news on the TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by akshaychouhan785, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Christine Wanjiku

Christine Wanjiku New Member

I am 20 years and I watch news on TV. It keeps me posted about what's happening in my country and the world and educates me.

2. john kimani

john kimani New Member

Yes, I do. Watching tv news is the most important thing that makes me switch on my tv set every evening. After a long day, I like to update myself on the daily happenings in and outside the country, new policies, rules and regulations, and since am an economist the business trends around the globe is also an area of interest for me. Thus every day for one hour from nine every evening it's my news hour.

In conclusion, therefore tv news is a core factor as to me owning a tv set.

3. Trent652x

Trent652x New Member

I rarely watch anything on TV. TV has truly become nearly obsolete with the demand for cellular phones for audiences that appear to get younger and younger by the day. The news happens to be one of those shows on TV that only comes on at certain times. The convenience that watching anything on a computer or on a cellular phone has, has made watching anything live on TV close to extinct.

4. joanne11

joanne11 New Member

It is usually useful to watch the news on TV, but, unfortunately, besides being informative and thought-provoking, TV news can often be misleading and manipulative. Think about all the tragedies or political and entertainment scandals that are broadcasted just for the sake of the sensational. That has nothing constructive in it altogether.

News are useful when it comes to staying in touch with the global trends and happenings, but we should always pay attention to specifically what kind of news we watch.

5. Nicola Collins

Nicola Collins New Member

It's strange, because I hardly ever watched the news when I was younger. Now, I often find myself switching over to the news channels to check the latest feeds. I think it's my personal responsibility to know what's going on in the world around me.

Yes, some of the news can be sad or depressing but I do think it's important to not avoid the issues. I often find when there's a big news story, I will watch the TV for hours on end, however most of the time I'll just flick over for a few minutes.

6. Aisha6

Aisha6 New Member

definately information is power.and how else would you get to know about the outside world?we need the tv and magazines,we will also enhance our language competence.

7. noah-dn

noah-dn New Member

I regularly watch news on the TV. I think it is important to stay up to date with what's happening in the world, so you can develop your understanding of the society and the world. In Sweden, there's a public service televion company, SVT, which provides news through television, teletext and web. I use all three of these mediums. However, my main source of news is my phone. Even though I haven't really found a news application, for Android, that I like - I think mobile news platforms are the best option for me, since I can stay updated while on the go, and I can read the latest news whenever I want without having to wait for the scheduled TV newscast.

Teletext is also a good medium for news. Here, too, you can get the latest news whenever you want. It's like reading the news feed on the web, just that it's on the television instead.

8. Julliettematu

Julliettematu New Member

Sincerely speaking, i don't watch local news on TV since most of the time it is all about politics, politics and politics which can be a bit tiresome and boring. I prefer international news because it is even more informative than our own local news.
    On the other hand most of the news nowadays is fake news especially on social media sites. The only sites that give us reliable news are the well known international media houses like CNN and BBC. Those are the only stations that i watch news from.

9. earnt

earnt New Member

Yes, I always watch the news every evening. I need to know what is going on not only in my country but the world in general.
    The news gives me something to look forward to each day. It takes away my boredom. I think young people should watch the news more often as it helps them when they are writing their essays or term papers.
    Sometimes the news help to protect us from imminent dangers.

10. benamutuka

benamutuka New Member

Yes I watch news on TV to find out what is happening around the globe. This is because televisions make news more real compared to reading a blog or a newspaper as TVs show you video clips of the events that happened or bring them live on air at the time the event is happening.
    I also watch TV because incase of any breaking news it pops up on the screen and I get to know about current events. Apart from watching news on TV I also stream live on YouTube to watch news once in a while.

11. DBonagura

DBonagura New Member

I watch the news every day although I find the reporting of it very biased. You can watch different news stations and get totally opposite viewpoints on the same topic.

12. Christine Wanjiku

Christine Wanjiku New Member

I do watch news on TV but not as frequent because I prefer reading novels and listening to music to it. At times the news is too negative for me to handle. An instance is where the news is about shortage of food, corruption, riots by university students, Lecturer strikes, Poor medical services by doctors, deaths and as a concerned citizen It questions my future as a youth and gets me worried.

I prefer watching international news, CNN, because despite displaying the challenges, they also display solutions to problems. Donald Trump recently called affected citizens of University shootings to White House to share their painful experiences but also contribute to solutions. News isn't bad but are there solutions?

13. njigs

njigs New Member

M
    Yes I do watch news on the television. News tell us the day to day occurrences all around the world. It is always good to be at par with current affairs. They also give us forecasts such as those of the weather, warnings of happenings and also achievements made by people all around the globe.

To add onto that, they tell us of planned events that are about to occur, an example being the World Cup, thus helping us to prepare for them. I rank televisions as number one in the delivery of news as they televise the news in an exemplary manner. News gather different genres of information such as politics and sports and deliver them once in a beautiful fashion. I would recommend the watching of news on television.

14. Cessnavie

Cessnavie New Member

I am able to know the current situation of the country and the world by watching the news. Watching news is one of my daily habits. When I wake up in the morning, I immediately turn on the television to watch the news. It is a must to be updated in the current situation of our country to be more cautious in our surroundings.

In addition, I am able to give my opinion about the country, economy, politics, sports and showbiz because I am updated to the current events.

Better informed on the news to guide us in our daily living.

15. Jayneshi

Jayneshi New Member

I do not follow up on news but when i do, which is not that often i prefer watching on T.v

16. shirumuiyuts

shirumuiyuts New Member

Personally, I don't watch news on television and have grown to dislike watching news from broadcasting channels in my country.The media houses are biased in the kind of news they report depending on the political side that they are aligned with.The media especially through the news in 2007 in Kenya propagated tribal violence which led to the loss of lives and displacement of thousands of people.

17. Kenway98

Kenway98 New Member

Yes, I watch news on television because I trust the information they give it us than the information I get from the internet. News on television helps me to stay updated about what is being reported on the event or place. They actually ask and interview people who was in the news so that many people who was watching can get it another information about it. This is the reason why television becomes part of my life and it is very helpful for me especially about being informed every day.

But I realize today that I rarely use newspaper because I don't prefer to read and get information by reading on a newspaper. I prefer watching news on television rather than a newspaper.

18. Cindy Christmas

Cindy Christmas New Member

I watch the news on TV, but I honestly hate watching the news, because it can be very depressing. However, it is good to know what is happening in the world.