IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does earthly wealth count?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Gad, May 4, 2017.

1. Gad

Gad New Member

I try to frequent the church.One thing I have constantly learnt is that earthly pleasures and wealth are not necessary.Getting eternal life is.

Am left wondering why then do we struggle so much to ammerse large volumes of wealth.The so called 'men of cloth' are on the forefront of getting rich yet they teach us it is not necessary.Is God's word a puzzle?Is working hard to get wealth a sin?

2. Cecilia Lawrence

Cecilia Lawrence New Member

I must agree that earthly pleasures and wealth does not impress God in the least. In fact, He warns us about such tempations. Satan knows this is an easy distraction. Putting on the full amour of the Lord is easier said than done, however it is achievable with persistence . There are many biblical quotes that discourage such goals. Working hard to get wealth is not sin, but it is when it is everything you want in life. Jesus was humble and he gave us the perfect example in the Holy Bible as to how to live our lives.

3. Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson New Member

I believe earthy wealth does count while you are here on earth. Having a wealthy lifestyle does make life a lot more easier if you health is good. Even after death wealth still does count because you pass it on to your kids and the rest of your family. When it comes to the wealthy individual that died wealth will not help you in the Afterlife. Wealth is for the earth.