IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does Your Boss Understand Your Health Limitations

Discussion in 'Health' started by Sweed1, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Sweed1

Sweed1 New Member

Many of us suffer from health problems that don't show up by looking at us, or else people are aware of our concerns and yet push for more activity or speed when in fact we are over our limitations on what we can do.
    Is this a big concern at your office or place of employment? If so how do you face this problem without losing your job?
    Recently, this became an issue for me when I was hired to do cleaning at a local firm. At first I was tired most of the time but I pushed though it to get my work done. As I continued cleaning the work grew a bit easier as I got used to the work and also the place was staying cleaner longer and looking really good.
    I was required to work a certain number of hours a week, however, my boss told me I was expected to attend all events and parties and do different types of work that due to physical and mental issues (as in I can't do math in my head), thus selling tickets was impossible and my hands shake so serving food and drinks, was not something I was comfortable in doing. I was told this is part of your job. needless to say I was totally stressed out.
    I thought long and hard and decided I would quit my job if necessary and informed my boss. After talking it out the boss finally said I could stick to cleaning and avoid the other events. So in the end it worked without losing my job, but has anything like this ever happened to you and what were the results. Please share your comments below.

2. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

My immediate boss, who has a mid-level management position, understands precious little, much less my personal health situation. The good part about it though, is that there is nothing physical about my job that I can't handle.

I'm actually capable of doing more than her, and better, but I won't go into the reason why or how she got to the position that she's in. That would be speculation on a more personal level and I try not to do that.