IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Don' t Forget To Take Care of Your Heart, while you're at it....

Discussion in 'Health' started by QueenofHearts, Sep 7, 2017.

1. QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts New Member

We exercise our bodies, mediate our minds and we consume organic foods in order to make sure we are living healthy lives.
    BUT!!!​

Who takes care of their heart?
    Who guards their heart as instructed in Proverbs 4:23 of Bible?
    Who protects their heart?
    Who cherishes their heart?
    Is it you?

Many of us run around here falling in love with any and everybody just to not have to be alone, Then our heart gets stomped on, shattered and abused and we're sad. Our hearts are hurting. We're confused. We feel used and beat up on. But what happened?

We choose not to protect our hearts, we choose to make people a priority before we make our hearts priority. And it's really sad when we really think about it.

Some of us are ripping out our heart and we're stomping on it. Just last week, I threatened do to this to my heart. I actually wanted to fight her, why? Because I got my feelings hurt again by being blind and not practicing discernment.

You see, my heart loves so much and I haven't yet been able to manage or control her. My feelings are always getting hurt because of this dog-on heart (I thought). What I realize now is my feelings wasn't getting hurt because of my heart, my feelings were getting hurt because I didn't properly protect this vital and very important organ called...my heart.

So I ask you. Will you choose to let your heart breathe properly and heal properly so that it will Love properly?

Today I have a new respect for my heart. Today, I choose to not over eat, not over stress and not overdo. I beg you, please stop taking your heart for granted and begin thanking it for every beat it has given, is giving you and will give you. Thank it for feeding oxygen to your lungs, pancreas, liver and even your brain. One beat at a time, your heart is showing it's love to you. Respect it!

Peace and Love,
    Enjoy the moment of NOW.
    13620755_1255990381101806_158948186407349158_n.jpg

BabbleKnave likes this.
  2. BabbleKnave

BabbleKnave New Member

I agree with you @QueenofHearts that we should take care of our hearts as much as we take care of our whole body.

I got married at the age of 23 and it was my own decision. Nobody forced me to do it. I believe it was my immaturity and selfishness that made me decide that I want to have my own family. At that time, I was the breadwinner. As the eldest daughter growing in the Philippines, you have the automatic responsibility to provide for your parents' needs since you are technically the next in line when it comes to making decisions and protecting your siblings. I have 3 brothers and before I got married, my youngest brother was still in high school.

Maybe, I was the wild child. I will do what I want and push through with my plans. I believe that there is more for me than endlessly make ends meet for others. I honestly just want to have a child of my own. And get my own place to stay instead of living with my parents and go through the burden of lacking basic commodities every single day, although I just bought groceries last week. Maybe somebody was eating shampoo and soap, too that it magically disappears after a week like pancakes!

And due to my immaturity, my husband and I had a lot of disagreements and arguments. Our fights started with shouting, cursing, words that I will never be able to take back until it escalated that we were physically hurting each other.

Those wounds and bruises have healed. I have learned my lesson the hard way. There were times I feel that I am a different person now. I miss my old self, who is positive and looks forward to better and brighter things ahead of me.

What I did to regain my self worth? I accepted that the past was a great teacher that everything I experienced and learned first hand were essential for my growth and maturity towards things and situations and that the present is so precious for me to waste. I have also surrounded myself with positive people whom I love and I am thankful for the support system I had. And honestly, God moves in mysterious ways. Having a stronger and more open communication with Him makes me calm, wise and appreciative no matter what trials and situation I face. I know my heart will be always protected and guarded by Him.

I wish you well always @QueenofHearts and thank you for inspiring me today.