IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Education and success

Discussion in 'Education' started by Joy Fridah, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Joy Fridah

Joy Fridah New Member

Is education really the key to success? I think this only applies to one's definition of success

2. Davies

Davies New Member

Education is more than degrees that are conferred on you by a university. Bill Gates isn't a Graduate but the richest in the entire World.

Therefore education is just the process of learning. It doesn't stop because you have left college and does not start because you started attending school.

Success comes to those who keep learning. Wealth and money are just one part of success.

3. Louise du Plessis

Louise du Plessis New Member

Education is not the key to being successful. I believe that ones attitude also has a roll to play in how successful one is. I do also agree with Davies that education shouldn't end just because one has left school.
    I think that you learn for your entire life. Some people might excel at a particular skill or in a particular field, but even if you don't excel in one skill, you might do so in many. Being a jack of all trades is useful.

4. Rossy

Rossy New Member

I can not relate education with success. Not every educated person is successful. Success can be achieved through so many ways other than education. Some achieve a successful life by a mere luck, for instance gamblers. A gambler can become a millionaire in a flash of a second.

Education is just over rated in today's world. Some people are not educated but own big companies that the highly educated people work for. Education just gives people the knowledge and skills to work for the uneducated people's firms and companies. However education is the easiest way to be successful, only if lucky to get a decent job.

5. David Tennant

David Tennant New Member

We are all educated by what we experience in life. If our education is "formal" we can learn skills that can help us along the way.

There are certain professions that require specific forms of education. Essentially, education should open our minds and create a willingness and ability to learn, which we must be able to do to better accomplish the things in life that we feel are meaningful and important.

I would certainly not want an uneducated doctor performing surgery on me nor would an uneducated auto mechanic suit my need to have my car fixed.

6. tata143

tata143 New Member

Education is important for all of us. Even though it`s our personal choice to decide either we continue or stop our education, it`s still important that we have the perseverance and determination to complete good education and have knowledge. Education will bring us to get a better job, find good opportunities and live a better life with family. But there are some people who became successful without formal education, maybe because they have used their abilities, talents and self confidence to achieve what they are longing for.

Our future only depends on us, if we strive and have the determination to reach our dreams, then we will be successful.

7. Caleb

Caleb New Member

Well, the answer to these questions depends on one's definition of success.

To a youth whose life ambition is to be rich, education (in the nominal sense) will not be a definition of his success. Success to him will be having millions in his account.

To an aspiring athlete, success to him will be winning gold medals at the Olympics.

To a politician, success to him will be climbing to the highest of his political ambitions.

To a student, success will be coming out from college with a good grade.

In all, it should however be noted that none of these things can be achieved without education, as they involve wither formal education or informal education which are all types of education.

8. Deedan19

Deedan19 New Member

Education is not limited to formal environment or informal social or home dealings.
    Education is the key to success. When you are educated in your area of expertise, you will definitely achieve success with it when you apply the right knowledge.

Education is putting information into meaning.
    A good student will put into meaning the learned information be it in a school or a political office.