IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

education can bridge inequality.

Discussion in 'Education' started by daniel1981, Jun 28, 2017.

1. daniel1981

daniel1981 New Member

If equal opportunity to access to quality education is availed to children who come from the poor or the rich family backgrounds, there is a possibility in there future lives, the disparity between them will be eliminated.

2. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Knowledge they say is power. Even in the bible, Jesus Christ categorically said "due to the lack of knowledge my people perish". So knowledge is everything.

However, knowledge imparted through quality education (formal education) is quite limited in recent times. Also, inequality in recent times is brought about as a result of unequal access to technology, which (technology) is learnt only through formal education. So depending on how accessible education is, it may/may not bridge inequality.

3. Louise du Plessis

Louise du Plessis New Member

Hi there Tiile and Daniel.

When we look at education, It is my view that all countries throughout the world should have a similar standard of learning for all children or adults, no matter their background. If such standards could be implemented, education and equality would not be an issue.
    To create such a worldwide education will be a difficult task, as all leaders would have to agree on what is taught in schools. There are of course cultural differences to consider as well.

Regarding technology and education, it is my opinion that everyone, no matter their background should have access to technology. This is again a little more difficult considering that certain cultures might forbid the use of technology due to religious beliefs. I just thought I would throw my two cents worth in here anyway.