IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Education For Money Or Knowledge?

Discussion in 'Education' started by David Miller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. David Miller

David Miller New Member

there are different opinions about the purpose of education. some people consider it necessary for knowledge while other people think that it is important to earn money or to get rich. In my opinion, education is important to recognize yourself and the world around you. You will get all the knowledge through education. It is important for the awareness. It makes a big difference between an animal and human being.

If you will have enough knowledge and awareness then no one can stop to be successful in any field of life. You will have a bright future will all the luxuries of life. To get these all things, your concentration should be to gain knowledge rather than earning money. What is your opinion about it?

2. Tomah

Tomah New Member

Education is an investment like any other, you have to consider the costs and benefits according to your situation. Sure, consuming and producing knowledge for its own sake is a noble endeavor, but our times and resources are limited. Plus, everyone needs to eat. As an extreme example, would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to have the privilege of learning from the top experts in stamp collecting, for 10 years? Maybe, if you really, really love stamp collecting and you're wealthy or don't care much for money. Otherwise, you'll probably just want to keep stamp collecting as a hobby.

Anyway, focusing on either knowledge or money alone is unhelpful, you need to take a broader perspective before putting your time and/or money into anything.

3. Jayneshi

Jayneshi New Member

Knowledge. Without knowledge but with the money its a complete waste. You need knowledge for everyday living

4. miumiu92

miumiu92 New Member

The ultimate purpose of education is of course for knowledge. Or at least this is how I see it at the philosophical level. There is a name for education for money - it is called certification.

What matters the most is to have the acquired knowledge to take form as a beneficial social function, but not necessarily in financial form. Once it takes its shape there, then there will be demand and all, then come the money. The organic path to integrate knowledge into money.

I may sound too idealistic, but that is how I perceive it.

5. Amos14

Amos14 New Member

Education for knowledge will result in money. The attainment of knowledge should come first. Money follows knowledge

6. RianK

RianK New Member

Um, I sort of tend to agree with that, just that I would phrase it something like, education is a goal in itself, and as a plus, you get to enjoy life and the things that come along with it [thinking of something in the line of what's the use of having money if you can't enjoy it, and what's the use of having money if you can't even tell the difference between a nice/beautiful thing from rubbish, in general terms].

Also, you don't gain all the knowledge from the process of being educated ~ think of the greatest inventors and movers and shakers of history, they relied heavily on talent/intuition. That's something to think about! :D