IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Equality vs Inequality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by sanjeev kumar, Feb 15, 2017.

1. sanjeev kumar

sanjeev kumar New Member

Equality is a powerful moral and political ideal that has inspired and guided human society for many centuries.it is implicit in all faiths which proclaim all Human beings to be creation of God. Yet it is inequality rather then equality which is most visible around us in the world as well as within our society.
    According to a report The Richest 50 individuals in the world have a combined income greater then that of poorest 40 crore people.
    How to deal with it?

2. DaranteLaMar

DaranteLaMar New Member

It is interesting that when considering the desire for equality and the presence of inequality, that qaulity itself is often overlooked. What we often see in this society is the comparison of quality of life in the determination of equality. The Eurpoeans who settled on Turtle Island were somehow intrinsicly convinced that peoples who fare a different quality of life have not yet earned the right to be counted as equal. That originating attitude has only continue to spread throughout revolution, reconstruction and ultimately capitalist industrialization. In order to deal with how the story must end, we must first deal with how the story began.

3. Johnwaweru

Johnwaweru New Member

Much of the problem of equality and inequality is related to American values system — in particular I believe that if I was rich, I would be happy. And rich means having more than others. It’s not just having lots of money; it’s having more. It’s inequality.