IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Everybody an artist. Let me tell you why.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mwazaule, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Mwazaule

Mwazaule New Member

Everybody is an artist according to me. Difference is that there are imaginative artists who make the art from their minds eye and unimaginative artists, like me, who make it from visual eyes. One artist creates while the other relates. Do you create art or relate to it?

2. challengewriter

challengewriter New Member

Everybody is an artist. I believe that claim also, the simple things people do, appreciate and feel proud of, right there is art. An artist doesn't have to only someone who creates beautiful drawing and paintings, but any form of craft and action a person partakes in can be considered as art. Making food, sculpting, writing. singing, acting, jumping etc. Everyone has created art, therefore everyone is an artist, art to me is understanding and appreciating the things you do and love, it's a way of channeling passion into something beautiful and meaningful. I conclude with I am both an artist and a person who relates with the art forms around me.

3. Hozyboy

Hozyboy New Member

This is a very interesting chain of thought Mwazaule. Everybody is an artist.

Well, I love art but have never had the chance to actually make something after school. In school we call thinking Creativity while in the real world it is called logic. Maybe that is why there are those two artists.

The critics and the creators. I am a critic. I love it unlike the tedious work of making art.

4. Zella

Zella New Member

Well I guess I am both types. I relate art when I do portraits, which I do from photos, and I create art when I do something like my pottery. You can be both, and many people are. Most people have artistic abilities. They just do not relate it to art.

It took me many years to understand this. Anything you do, at which you are very good, is a form of art.

5. Van Gogh

Van Gogh New Member

This reminds of of some famous artist quotes I have been reading lately.
    “Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.” -Leonardo da Vinci

My favorite lately, which i think fits these times though is by Picasso "The world today doesn't make sense so why should i paint pictures that do?"