IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

FAITH

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by nerminbutucan, Apr 23, 2018.

1. nerminbutucan

nerminbutucan New Member

What comes to mind when you hear the word faith? To me, faith is the having strength and complete confidence in things that you may not always be able to see. Faith is believing in something, even though there may not always be proof. It’s standing up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone.

Faith is also trust and experience. We live by faith every single day without even realizing and thinking about it. We have faith in The Lord because we have seen the miracles that He has done and that He continues to do every day.

Faith isn’t praying for God to help you with something and then just because it doesn’t happen, you give up and stop praying. Every bit of faith involves some sort of decision. For example, a person can set a goal for themselves any day, but in order for them to achieve their goal, they have to have faith in themselves and in God. A goal that I’ve set for myself for the future, is finding a college that I feel will be the best fit for me. I have to have faith that even though it will be expensive and it may be difficult to pay for, I have faith that everything will be okay and God will provide.

2. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

I believe that if you have faith then you can do anything. A definition of faith is “confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. In other words believing in something or someone. With faith comes success. Faith is the essence of things hoped for. It is a persistent embrace of our highest aspirations and yearnings, a humble trust that they can be or can become reality. Faith makes us tenacious. It gives us the strength to carry forward with the expectation that our efforts will bear fruit. It is the distant light that shines when all around us seems dark and full of sorrow. Through faith, we keep our eye on our destination rather than on the hardships along the road. Faith give substance to our dreams and our deepest hunches about what is Real and what is Good.

Faith is not faith until it’s all you are holding onto. Faith can strengthen our ability to meet challenges and face hard conditions. An individual without faith is like a deflated balloon. Everybody has had difficult times in their life when it has been hard for them to keep the faith, to not stoop down, and to not act out. Being able to stay strong and to have faith in God helps us to be able to face our giants with boldness.

3. Cherokee Roshaada

Cherokee Roshaada New Member

To me, faith is like having law of attraction. I believe that if anyone operates on raising their vibrations, then faith is unlimited to all beings on this planet. It is all about believe and trust within yourself as well as God. Many of us are blind by faith because we chose to live by sight.

4. Irene Cg

Irene Cg New Member

Faith is the belief in something with or without proof but by just utter conviction. For example I have faith in God, I don't have faith because I have seen him its by pure spiritual conviction.

In the Holy Bible in the book of Hebrews, chapter 11 and verse one it says that "To have faith is to be sure of things we hope for, to be certain of things we cannot see." Hence faith can be in someone or something.

When people get married they have faith in their marriages that is, they have a belief in something they hope for and in each other. Faith entails trust simply because I cannot have faith in you if I don't trust you.

All in all we all have faith not just in God but also in either in someone or something in our lives. All this is what comes to mind when I hear the word faith.

0.Tony101 likes this.
  5. MsExquisite

MsExquisite Member

Faith is something to having the power to know that everything will be alright and that you have that you be optimistic with and just know that everything will be taken care of regardless of what others think the outcome will be. I was raised believing in faith and knowing my moral values and of course, all of this salvation begins at home. I use to tell people all the time even though I don't go to church twenty-four seven that I still have my faith and beliefs instilled in me to make the right decisions in life. I don't even worry about or stress out about stuff even more because I have faith that everything will be just fine and that everyone goes through trial and error for to have to see how strong your faith is. Like my mother use to tell me, "As long as you have faith the size of a mustard seed; that's all the faith you need"; and we all know how small a mustard seed is. Don't let no one take your faith!

Attached Files:

6. benG

benG New Member

Faith is the element which when mixed with prayers gives one direct communication with God. Having faith in God is the only agency through which the power of God can be harnessed and used by man. The basis of all miracles and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science is Faith , being also the only known antidote for failure. Faith can also be termed as the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought created by the finite mind of man into the spiritual equivalent.

7. 0.Tony101

0.Tony101 New Member

Faith always works through love. I believe and have faith in God, these means that I loved God first so that i can have faith in Him. If you have faith about something in your future life as long as it is according to the will of God it will come to be.

love is the key,Romans 5:5.

8. Christine Due23

Christine Due23 New Member

The bible says, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see". Faith is trusting in God against all odds. He is not a common god. He works on ways that seem impossible to men for his own glory. For our ways are not His ways, and our thoughts are not His thoughts. He does not operate the way human does. It takes faith to believe what is not obvious or it's not faith at all.

You have to know who He is and what He has done to have faith in him. He is the same God as that of Jacob, David and Job. God gave His only son to suffer and die for the sins we committed as a gift. Faith in itself is a gift of God and cannot be initiated by man because we have unregenerate hearts. All we need to do is accept his gift of love- salvation.

9. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

Faith is putting your trust in God. Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen. Faith also means appropriating what Christ has done for us. We walk by faith and not by sight. Have faith in God.

Faith together with hope and love will last. Faith can move mountains. Faith in God will result to healing and miracles. We are saved by faith and not by works. Faith in God works.