IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Favourite movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Millenium, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Millenium

Millenium New Member

Which movie are you never tired of watching?

2. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

Thematically, The Matrix is fairly simple, but it's endlessly watchable. The revolutionary action still largely holds up, as do the wonderful supporting performances from Carrie- Anne Moss and Lawrence Fishburne. Ultimately, what makes this movie endlessly watchable though, is the careful world building that creates a setting unlike any that most had seen at the time.

It speaks to the lasting power of the Matrix that so many films have tried to copy it since is release. Of course, the story of a Chosen One who's awakened to a whole new world is the most basic form of story telling, but the Matrix couples this with a unique and distinctive visual palette - one that actually makes the film stand out!

Jamsh likes this.
  3. Jamsh

Jamsh New Member

Definitely agree with what Emma said - I love the Matrix, despite not being the biggest fan of the sequels, but I still think that my favourite movie is Shaun of the Dead. It's no Citizen Kane, obviously, but if you're looking for a movie you could watch over and over again and still be entertained by, Shaun of the Dead is it. It helps that it's got Edgar Wright behind it, and he's an excellent filmmaker, but pretty much everyone else behind it have clearly done an excellent job. It's hard to describe exactly what's good about it, but it's just such a fun movie.

If you haven't seen it, you're seriously missing out. Treat yourself.

Emma Kwamboka likes this.
  4. Raymond Chen

Raymond Chen New Member

The Harry Potter movies are a series that I can't really get enough of. With eight editions, two-hours each, each adventure has so much material and lore going on that every time you watch, you can notice something new. Besides, it's fun seeing the growth of development of not only the characters, but the actors as well. Plus, the actors do a really good job; Patrick Stewart and Alan Rickman portray their respected characters so well that it's almost overlooked.

Amanda! and Emma Kwamboka like this.
  5. Amanda!

Amanda! New Member

I love harry potter and I never to get tired of watching it, I have to agree with that, I find that the best part of harry potter was how his friends helped him get through a lot of different stuff, I don't see a lot of that sort of movies being made, I strongly agree that the actors did a fantastic job with harry potter.

Although I have watched a lot of movies I have never watched The Matrix or Shaun of the Dead but both of those movies will be going on my list of movies to watch, I really look forward to sitting down and watching both of them.