IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

First OS

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Theo Proulx, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Theo Proulx

Theo Proulx New Member

As you may have guessed, this specific thread is all about the fist OS you ever encountered, or the one that came with your first computer.
    The first OS I ever encountered was Windows 95.
    It was at my primary school, they were ancient computers with CRT's.
    My first Computer (Laptop) came refurbished with Windows 7 Ultimate.
    The laptop in question was a cheap £99 HP laptop made for offices and the such.

What about you? What was your first OS?

2. PrettyBad

PrettyBad New Member

My first OS was Windows XP. When I got my computer everyone was using it, Win 7 was not released, and even when it got released people were still sticking to the good ol' XP.

Sadly Microsoft decided to stop updating it so I had to upgrade to Win 7 and then I upgraded to Win 10, even though there is no difference to me, except the new look.Everything I do on Win 10 I could do on XP.

3. benedict odhiambo

benedict odhiambo New Member

4. ghalymt

ghalymt New Member

I think I am ancient. My first OS was DOS. I even have a certificate with DOS. For you who do not know DOS, it is the command line for modern windows nowadays. The DOS commands were divided at those days to internal commands, which were built into DOS itself and external commands, which you need a floppy or a 5.25 disc to run from. There were no hard disks.

I used almost every operating system that I know about. I am regular user of Linux and Windows. I tried Mac, which is good, but I do not have an original Mac right now, so I do not use it right know. I think the best operating system today is windows 10, but Linux is catching fast since I first used it. It is becoming more and more user friendly, so I think in one or two years from now it will be better than windows, unless Microsoft has something new and better at that time.

5. Fashitum

Fashitum New Member

My first operating system was actually windows 7 which is still being used today but it's not the latest. I knew windows XP but chose to go with the latest at that time which was windows 7. My first experience with it was that I found it to be really easy in that I could use it without getting taught on how it works.

From windows 7 ,I switched to windows 8 , then to windows 8.1 and I'm still using it but I'll soon shift to windows 10 then later try a different operating system like Linux. Different operating systems have different features which makes it interesting to try them out.

6. noah-dn

noah-dn New Member

My first OS was Windows XP. I was a little child who had just become slightly interested in computers and thought it was fun to navigate it around the menus. I also played McQueen a lot on it since that was my favourite computer game. So, since I was so young I didn't really think about the details of the operating system, I just thought it was very fun to use the computer. And that joy still follows me today. To my home laptop with Windows 10.

7. coolprogramer36

coolprogramer36 New Member

My first OS for PC that I used was Windows XP. When I was on the high school, I decided to learn about computers and this was the first OS I learned about. At first, I found myself struggling learning how to use Microsoft Office and Excel. At the end I was able to use Microsoft Office without ease and start making my resumes.

8. ahmedm0ktar

ahmedm0ktar New Member

The first operating system I handled was Unix, then I got a DOS device, then Windows released 3.1, and versions of Windows rolled around our time, and different Linux distributions were released based on Unix

9. komalgupu

komalgupu New Member

My first OS was windows 95 as it was my first platform to excel my knowledge over MSWord and all, back in days games were the part to OS as well where playing DAVE, Road Rash and all were fun to play, later when Windows XP was introduced to people I got excited to use it for the gaming purposes as it was supporting more games and programs and of course has more computability and graphics. At present I'm using Windows 10 pro which is the advance version of Windows

10. mtlife4me

mtlife4me New Member

I had to think way back to remember this! The first OS we owned in my family was Windows 95, and I still remember an old game I used to play on it for hours. It was very exciting to own a personal computer back then. Over the years, I have upgraded multiple times and currently use Windows 10.