IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Going to the cinema

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Momoney, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Momoney

Momoney New Member

?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Jean50

Jean50 New Member

I personally like going to the cinema, although watching movies at home is great there's just something special about going to see a movie. I also like how comfortable the chairs are, and how I could just relax. One thing I dislike is the prices for food, just to experience.

3. Shalee Moschetti

Shalee Moschetti New Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. Tokoni Uti

Tokoni Uti New Member

I think i'm one of the few people who likes going to the cinema alone. I'm very particular about being on time but i love sitting in the dark and enjoying a film. It's one of the best date ideas in my opinion and cinema snacks have a special place in my heart.

5. HappyTex

HappyTex New Member

This made me remember one of my uncle who is not living with us. He lives in another city in the same Country as we do. Whenever he come to spend the holiday with us, he would take me and my siblings to the cinema, I always enjoy going there whenever he's around cause he would buy a lot of things for us to eat as we go to the cinema. It's always fun.

6. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamson New Member

Wow, cinema?
    I love going to the cinema, but that does not mean I don't like watching movies at home, it's just that it seems different because of comfort it gives me, most especially when I go with my friends, but the best is going with your girlfriend, unless I go by myself on a whim because I want to see a specific movie.

Just that the prices are a bit expensive, not to talk of the foods they sell there. That is some of the reasons that discourages me atimes I want to go to the cinema. But when I think of the joy, relaxation and comfort I get whenever I go there, it gives me courage to go, because its always fun.

7. Bani

Bani New Member

There are so many things that make me enjoy going to the Cinema. First of all, I get to watch the movies in 3D format, the screens are also big, a luxury I cannot afford at home. In addition, I love the fact that the volume is not an issue plus watching a movie with so many people makes the experience thrilling. Unfortunately, sometimes the lines can be so long and the ticket prices can be a bit expensive thus excluding some people.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  8. Kelly King

Kelly King New Member

Cinema is a lot of things to a lot of people. Early on in my life it’s a great family day out. Like my father will always tell us as kids back in the days. But the best is going with friends like naughty friends like Myself

And with a group of us, a trip to the flicks can be an immensely bonding experience. I enjoyed The Matrix Reloaded simply because my slightly drunk mate - Theo - a massive fan of the original, expressed his displeasure at the slow paced nature of the sequel by yelling “GET ON WITH IT” at the top of his voice after the first 20 minutes. It's still the highpoint of the film.

But the simple joy of popping along to the movies on your own is something that deserves to be celebrated too.

9. asdfghjxxkra

asdfghjxxkra New Member

I love going to the cinema depending on what the movies is on. While watching Beauty and the Beast, it felt different watching it in the cinema with the surround sound and the reaction of other people towards the movie. Fast and the Furious 8 which was an action movie has a different feel while watching it in the cinema. You can feel the thrill and the excitement because of the effects and the legit sounds that the cinema has.

But if the movies are too boring for me, I'd prefer staying at home and binge watch a series or watch a movie.