IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Going to the cinema

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Momoney, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Momoney

Momoney New Member

Last year, I went to my local cinema to watch "Deadpool" and the experience was awesome. The great cinema sound only added to the visual experience and the big screen brought the film to life.
    However, I noticed one peculiar thing: the cinema was only half full. People were missing out on a great audio-visual experience!
    Even if you have a giant screen or an over-the-top sound system, there simply is no substitute for the cinema. Watching a movie with other cinema-goers is a really great experience.
    Have you ever gone to the cinema? What are cinema attendances like in your country? Do VOD (video on demand) services like Netflix affect cinemas in your country? What other factors are affecting the cinema

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide New Member

I used to watch movies at the local cinema since it's way cooler, the screens are much bigger compare to the old cathode ray tube monitors and the sounds are hyper realistic. But that was long ago, when the tickets are still much cheaper compared to the price now. Still, I would visit every now and then just to see what's the latest and to know the recent advancement in viewing technology. I really love to watch movies, especially action and sci-fi movies. And if I have some money to spare, I would definitely be watching at the cinemas.

Netflix and other video streaming services are really much in demand nowadays, since you can watch most videos, old and new, at the comfort of your home at your own time. But still, nothing beats that good old feel at the cinemas, meeting new people or just bonding with old friends while munching some pop corns.