IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Great vocals or a catchy beat?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Arnold kibiribiri, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Arnold kibiribiri

Arnold kibiribiri New Member

Do you like artists who make songs with great vocals or do you prefer catchy beat with auto-tuned vocals

2. Pearl88

Pearl88 New Member

Humm....Now that is a really good question. I would have to go with a catchy beat on this one. The beats are what makes the music. I think that the only reason people take the time to listen to a certain song in the first place is because of the attractiveness of the beat that starts off the song. With beats, a person can dance and move any way that they want without the vocals that may be singing in a different tone or about a different subject. When there's just beats then there are no restrictions. When it comes to auto-tuned vocals that stuff just sounds ridiculous. It's not singing at all in my opinion. Auto-tune just makes the vocalist sounds like a robot and anyone can do that so there's no proof that the person who is doing the vocals are actually a good vocalist. I just think that even if there is a good beat, the autotune voice will just screw the whole song up and it becomes annoying and irritating to listen to. If you have a good beat and want to add vocals to it then the vocalist better have a great, powerful and strong voice to stay aligned with the beat. That's why I would rather listen to a good beat over vocals any day.