IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Has anyone tried any home workout videos?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Ashley0323, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Ashley0323

Ashley0323 New Member

I am quite curious to see if anyone has had any experiences with them. While out shopping earlier, I saw a few DVDs that were targeted to those who wanted to work out from home. They looked pretty intense, as long as you follow as instructed, of course. Do you think these videos could be successful if you are trying to lose weight?

2. Cheeaka

Cheeaka New Member

Yes, I've tried at-home workouts, DVD's and videos from YouTube. They work, but as with anything that one wants to succeed in (especially in weight loss, toning up, and/or 'just' working out), consistency is key. I have a few very intense workout DVD's. I used to do some of them pretty consistently, but I stopped. Now they are either collecting dust, or somewhere not being used as often as they should be.

I think one of the advantages to actually getting up and going to a gym is the accountability, especially if you start to meet people there and get to know people. Going to the gym becomes a type of social-gathering and outing, and you feel like people are waiting on you to show up. That type of interaction with people can make you feel a certain kind of accountability and therefore much more likely to make an effort to go to the gym and stay on track with a workout regiment.

3. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

I'm not very good at committing to workout at home, but I do have one set of videos I really enjoy and still occasionally use. I purchased the Veena and Neena Belly-dancing videos years ago, they are killer. You have fun dancing and learning some pretty cool moves while seriously burning some calories. I've cheated terribly for the last few months and not gone to the gym because of my work schedule, but I did pull out these old dvds to at least try to stay a bit active.
    I've also tried P90x, I would say approach these with caution. If you are not already quite used to working out these will be quite hard on you the next day.

4. smartmom

smartmom New Member

I absolutely love Leslie Sandsone. I've been working out with her for years and years. Her workouts are easy and they incorporate a lot of walking in them. I get a good workout sometimes in less than 20 minutes a day. Exercise is so important even 5 minutes a day helps with blood pressure and other ailments. Check her out on youtube for free workouts!

5. AlessMeison

AlessMeison New Member

I try that in past and i works d
    For me, but now im a little lazy to do it

6. dnak10

dnak10 New Member

I've tried various home workout videos that I found on YouTube. I workout at home because I don't have time to go to a gym and these videos helped me to make a workout routine for myself. If you workout at home and learned sets from videos I suggest you ask a trainer or a friend who knows about workouts to check if you are doing the workout properly because incorrect posture while working out could lead to various health issues.

slumberchip likes this.
  7. slumberchip

slumberchip New Member

I am working on my mid-section and my arms, so I would usually search for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and arm exercise videos. HIIT is recommended for those who can only squeeze in a few minutes' worth of exercise. Because it usually lasts around seven minutes or less, the intense workout is sure to burn lots of calories in a small amount of time.

On the first try, it's really hard to match the pace of the online instructors, but through constant practice, the movements are easier to perform, thanks to muscle memory.

8. jakejake

jakejake New Member

I just copy their moves and prefer to do it alone.

9. ReddOnMyHead

ReddOnMyHead New Member

I have tried a few work at home exercise videos. The majority of the home workouts I have done have been cardio workouts, but I have seen a very wide of variety of exercise videos. I tend to do the ones that are easy to moderate on the experience scale. I really like the Zumba workouts. Zumba is a cardio workout, that usually last 45-60 minutes. It resembles Cuban dancing, and it really gives you a good work out . It burns a lot of calories without feeling like an actual workout. I recommend to try it.