IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Healthy herbs facts.

Discussion in 'Medical' started by will47, Sep 27, 2016.

1. will47

will47 New Member

Healthy herbs have long been held a holistic place in our well being. Prized since ancient times, and today, we even more depend upon them to purify our body, mind, and soul! Of course, we all use herbal parts in our daily lives, one way or the other, whether for their rich flavor, for their healing power, or in lovely recipes.

Herbal benefits are many; be it for spiritual reasons or to spice up your taste buds, or as a home remedy for ailments like cold, or sore throat... herbs are handy for each need!

Although, the herbs been in use in our diet since antiquity, only recently they have taken the center-stage of nutrition scientific world for their potential health benefiting and detoxification properties.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

Aside of all you've written herbs has no side effects too. I recently been diagnosed with bursitis, a terrible thing when you're trying to shop and clean your home to have. I found herbs for it at SwansonVitamins.com and it works like a charm. The herb is called Joint Health. I am pre diabetic too, and combat it with herbs like turmeric, cinnamon, oregano and vegetables like bitter melon. I try to get in exercises too that my doctor prescribe and so far so good.
    It's easy to make bitter melon not so bitter. I found this on youtube, but when I went back to share it unfortunately it vanished. All you have to do is gut the little vegetable from it's seeds. I buy the Okinawawan bitter melon which is a smaller variety, so I take a teaspoon and gut the melon after I clean and cut it in half lengthwise taking out all the white part and seeds. Then I sprinkle table salt then let them sit for five minutes to let a bit of the bitter remain or ten minutes go rid it of the bitterness. Rinse after five or ten minutes under cool water. I par boil it. We like our melon crunchy. You can stuff it with your favorite fillings or cut it up after you boil them and drink the tea made from it. Enjoy! Herbs are one of the most helpful, most needed and like you said prized for our good health!

3. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Herbs have definitely been gaining popularity in the medical world. I work at a health store that sells herbal supplements and I'm constantly researching different herbs and the effects they have on our bodies. If I need to take medicine, I will usually try to see if there is an herbal alternative beforehand, and there usually is! Herbal medicine is also much safer than pharmaceuticals because they grow naturally on the earth. Herbs have been used as medicine for as far as time goes back. They don't have side effects like medications do, and they are usually cheaper. Anybody can benefit from herbal supplements!