IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Holistic Healing or Conventional Medicine or both ???

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Cara Jane, May 8, 2016.

1. Cara Jane

Cara Jane New Member

I feel the worlds approach to healing illnesses is changing and more individuals are seeking out holistic approachs first rather then, main stream medical approachs and are successfully curing there illnesses.

Have you personally taken the holistic approach or know any one who has towards healing them selves ?

I'am currently reading a book called "getting well again" which suggests that we need to take responsibility for our own healing rather then solely relaying on medicine to cure us.

The book gives an example of, 2 terminally ill individual patients, which have been diagnosed with the same illness, and have also been given the same time frame to live, they are both receiving exthatly the same forms of treatment.

However one patient lives longer then the doctors had expected by years, the other patient dies within weeks. The aurthors of the book believe that this is due to ones mind sets toward curing ones self and there out look towards life after being diagnosed.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. RedGold

RedGold New Member

I have a friend I met in the same faith as i am and she used to be a nutritionist for the doctors.This Woman i know now for a couple of years ago had cancer and through her natural practices on herself healed herself through Vitamins and supplements found in her local health food stores.You could say it was a cure for her through early detection and she went the natural route.Also, she went through lots of surgeries as well. It Varies person to person and what that individual body type is and how much they can take.

3. cindy scaccia

cindy scaccia New Member

I have begun to lean more towards natural, herbal remedies before I try traditional drugs. I am in recovery and I think natural is better and safer. There are so many safe, natural supplements out there that address a whole slew of maladies. I see no reason to pay prescription prices when I can do it naturally. The important thing to remember is that herbal remedies are still drugs and you must be careful of side effects and medicine interactions.

4. ocrese

ocrese New Member

Supposing both can heal you then you could try both and perhaps you will heal faster as long as the combination of both therapies doesn't have any drawbacks or side effects.

I've tried some holistic methods and herbal medicines here and there and honestly I can't speak for every single one of them out there but some definitely work, some are even based on real scientific research. I guess you don't have anything to lose if you try.

5. Tyi

Tyi Member

To all the above mentioned authors, I both agree and understand your positions on this subject. I personally feel that everything has its respective place when it comes to health, healing and wholeness. I also believe that there is a holistic as well as a traditional medical solution to every illness and condition that plagues the human body. Unfortunately, among the scientists, researchers, and medical professionals practicing traditional medicine, money is made in treatment of disease (not curing it), pushing pills while pharmaceutical companies cash in. However, there has been a lot of progress made here as well. Vaccines for smallpox, measles, polio and other childhood diseases have been all but eradicated.

I feel that the holistic approach is a wonderful alternative as a means of prevention and after you receive a challenging diagnosis. Unfortunately, after a diagnosis. people are more willing to take better care of themselves by being mindful of what they put into as well as on their bodies. However, the old adage, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is well worth paying attention to. I believe that a holistic approach just might be more valuable then what we give it credit for.

And lastly, I feel that a person's overall outlook on life plays a major factor on how well they recover from illness.