IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Homeschooling myths

Discussion in 'Education' started by comfie, Mar 9, 2017.

1. comfie

comfie New Member

I have a friend who home-schools her kids. People often ask her if she worries that her kids are too protected from the good and the bad in the society and won't manage in the real world. How about the likely hood of getting bullied? After all they have never had an opportunity to defend themselves in a fist fight maybe?

Believe it or not, she's not found this concern at all – far from it. Her children are very confident young people with high self-esteem and good friendships. I think it stems from having had so much positive one-to-one attention from loving adults. When I consider the investment, I wish you luck!

WhyWeaver likes this.
  2. WhyWeaver

WhyWeaver New Member

Based on your report about your friend and her children, they're doing very well with character-building and with life-in-the-making as education is a way of life to them. Thank you for the encouragement for speaking kindly about your friend and her children. I would know, we are a homeschooling family, as well. We are not immune to struggles, mistakes and apprehensions from time to time.

comfie likes this.