IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How do you handle depression without meds?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Mama2boys, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Mama2boys

Mama2boys New Member

I have depression, I was diagnosed back when I was a teen. I've been on and off medications for it. I can't seem to find a good one that doesn't cause me bad side effects, but yet when I'm off the medications for a few months, my depression gets worse. I need some non medicated ways to deal with it. I hate being depressed, I lose out on a lot of things in life, I can be in a group of friends an their all laughing but I feel alone.

2. Riyandi

Riyandi New Member

The worst thing that happens for depression patients is all about to be alone. That's a bad situation. I have felt it. Not good idea to get help from other people such as a group of friends. Believe me, it can be worse. Each friend has unique habit, and you will get many kind advice that finally can make your head blow up.

The better way that I have tried doing meditation such as breathing exercises, get healed by yourself. Why don't try exercise, breathing such as yoga or any kind breathing exercise that have proven to heal all depressed patient.

3. JerrodS

JerrodS New Member

Well, it'd be helpful to have more information on your history with depression. Finding the proper treatment is a process that may take a while. Medications will always, alas, have various side effects, but it's common that, through trial and error, the patient finds what works for them.

Psychiatry is still a relatively new science, and there's a lot about the brain that we don't understand. But what we do know is that medication, in many cases, does work; it just takes some trial and error to figure out. That said, medication isn't the best option for everyone, and Riyandi's suggestions are absolutely worth considering.