IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How do you like to express your inner self?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Artisana, May 19, 2015.

1. Artisana

Artisana New Member

Finding a way to express your innermost feelings and sensations is a wonderful tool that can help you get in touch with aspects of yourself that are often too difficult to reach through ordinary means of communication. By engaging in creative activities, such as painting, sculpting, writing, etc., you create an inner dialogue and are able to explore deeper levels of consciousness, which will bring you new revelations and insights.
    If, for example, you are struggling with some particularly challenging situations or circumstances in your daily life, you might find a great outlet for your pent-up energies and emotions by engaging in some creative, productive pursuit, and thereby also inspire and help others who are similarly afflicted.
    What is your favorite way of expressing the more subtle things in life?

2. kev-ace

kev-ace New Member

I have too favorite ways to express myself: writting and playing music.

When I write, I just write whatever comes to my mind in the moment. Is like if I were thinking, with the addition of leaving all the thoughts written forever. Sometimes I can just take my notebook and start reading about what I wrote before. It's like visiting my past memories.

When I play music, I play the keyboard and just play whatever comes to my hands in the moment. I just let myself go with the music being played by me. I think about it being good or bad, I just play it.

phantom7 likes this.
  3. Shari Paclipan

Shari Paclipan New Member

I express my innermost self by writing in short bursts of 140 characters or less. These writings usually consist of random musings, rants and ramblings at any given time of the day. These writings are then released into the external world via the internet. Such release is quite emancipating and is the very therapy I live by everyday.

It is called "tweeting" and you can do it too at twitter.com.

thebindicator likes this.
  4. NewPupil

NewPupil New Member

I like expressing my inner-self on twitter as well but that is only when I am releasing my ought most feelings of displease or willingness to spread joy. Artistically speaking, I cherish expressing my inner-self with challenging tasks such as rubick's cube, word finds and reading interesting pieces of information online, informing a friend or family member and then engaging in deep conversation about the topic. My inner-self is abstract.

How would you describe your inner-self?

5. Catbaby

Catbaby New Member

I've never been musical, although I love music, and I'm not particularly artistic, although I enjoy art. I do write, however. I started doing it as a kid to entertain myself, and over time, not only have I found it to be enjoyable, but necessary. It has been my own version of therapy, at times.

6. Khareen

Khareen New Member

I express my inner-self through my passions-- music and arts. I write songs and and listen to music that my mood can relate too. In the form of art I also express my inner-self in the way I dress and through painting and drawing. :)

7. tintiano

tintiano New Member

I consider self-expression a big part of who I am as a person. I believe that I am unique and have a responsibility to share the deepest and most meaningful part of my being with the world that surrounds me. Creativity is often selfless, and it always blesses the one who cares to share it with the world around him/her.

I love to write poetry and flash fiction. I also make music that interests people who are experiencing difficult situations in their lives.

8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

I express myself through music. The best way for me to release my inner demons is to sit down with my piano and a college ruled notebook. I have been writing for years, letting my lyrics express everything I have pent up inside. My band is my muse and has allowed me the awesome opportunity to create freely. I don't know what I would do without the chance to write.

9. phantom7

phantom7 New Member

Hi every one,my take on this topic is to express my self directly in order to be understood clearly. This I do by telling what feelings I have towards something or someone and also through writing as kev-ace has said.I would also have preferred tweeting;like Shari Paclipan and New Pupil,but I don't yet have an account.

Just like Tintiano and Catbaby;I also express my self by being creative:producing unique paintings and poems that tell what I desire because these help me especially when I can not express my feelings directly

10. Vishesh

Vishesh New Member

From dealing with years of depression spouts I have realized that when I focus on my artwork and perfect my artwork I am able to calm down and lead a much more positive life. When I am having a stressful day I have realized that in order to distress I need to sketch. Sketching helps me calm down, improve my mood and become more enthusiastic, focus and get my mind right. In my personal life I have noticed that whenever I have involved myself in a creative endeavor I have significantly improved my mood and day!

My artwork has always been a great self expression tool to show what I can offer. Artwork has helped increase my network circle and has helped me expand my horizons also. Artwork, music, creativity,ingenuity runs the world.

11. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Usually, I will be engaged with some work or other, otherwise, talking to someone. But during the times I go out of mood, I try to squiggle over sheets of paper with color pen and enjoy perfecting picture and give it a meaningful shape. I enjoy doing this and I will get some solace in doing this. Earlier, I used to read novels and used to write small articles etc.