IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How do you maintain peace

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AnneBobcat89, Feb 28, 2018.

1. AnneBobcat89

AnneBobcat89 New Member

With how scary the real world is compared to how you thought it would be when you were a child, how do you maintain peace.

One of the best things I did was to let go of those who were a bad influence on me. They didn’t encourage me to do my best and stop me from doing something stupid. They only saw negativity in everything. Once they were gone, I was able to think about things clearly and work on my self-esteem.

Kinyamwangi and Ben Korir like this.
  2. Ben Korir

Ben Korir New Member

Finding inner peace is a way of finding inner joy and experiencing your optimal self. Many people consider meditations and other mindfulness techniques in order to maintain stillness inside them. But to me, it is part of it but I believe that finding peace is an activity you should do every time and without straining. Gratitude is one thing that you can do to avoid complaining about your lack of peace and living in the present is a good way to maintain peace because it makes us to be conscious which helps us to look at ideal things that could be.

3. Kinyamwangi

Kinyamwangi New Member

Finding peace is hard as it is but acting like you are stupid definitely works but it's not the best option, though it works.

4. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

Peace is a broad term that can have various interpretations. There is no universal definition. It would require a unconditional societal agreement in which righteousness and justifications, the foundation of a proper civilization would have to be compromised in accordance for a mutual, but not authentic meaning. We cannot maintain peace, because our imperfections will not allow us to experience true peace.

5. missjey

missjey New Member

Maintaining peace should come from ourselves first. We live in a world of chaos, and distractions. Socio-political issues are endless, and everyday, there is a life wasted. Not to mention, abuses here and there. It is very difficult to find peace, more so to maintain peace. But I believe we can achieve peace in this world. But it has to come from ourselves first; little things matter. We may not be able to change the situation, but we can change our perspective and responses to the situation. And when we do this, I think we can maintain peace. Imagine everybody doing it, just showing love to others, and practice gratitude every single day; say sorry when you make mistakes, and be sincere and humble. These, I believe, are the traits we need to maintain, to maintain peace, at least in our own lives. Influence one person at a time to do the same thing; it will make a difference.

6. roska

roska New Member

I believe you can only offer the world what you possess in your heart and peace is not an exception.

I practice calmness in hard times,disagreement or uncertain situations.To keep peace,I extend the same calmness in resolving issues when dealing with others.