IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How fast is your internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Meet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Meet

Meet New Member

I currently use the internet provided by the telecom service Reliance Jio. The internet speed I receive is about 300-400 Kbps. It is not sufficient but its enough for browsing the internet and watching videos online but when it comes to downloading softwares and games, it is slow. I have to go all the way down to our college if I want to use fast internet. The speed our college network provides us is around 10 Mbps which has a great difference from the one I personally use.

2. bomb2060

bomb2060 New Member

Am on Safaricom fibre with 30mbps. This costs me only $100 per month. We are lucky in Kenya, we have the best Internet in East and central Africa. Kenya has 39Million people who can access the Internet. That is our if the total populatiin of 45million. Since the installation of Team and Seacoms Fire infrustructure, the county has witnessed a tremendous growth in the ICT industry.

Please post how much your Internet costs. So that we can know where it's cheaper to surf!

3. Meet

Meet New Member

The Data Pack I am currently using as I have mentioned in my post, provides network speed of 300-400 Kbps and costs me around 9.42$. I get 2 GB of data daily and this is valid for 84 days. However once the data limit of that particular day is crossed, the speed is reduced to 2G which is no more than 20 Kbps.

4. Violent Gale

Violent Gale New Member

I kind of hate my internet speed right now. :'( But I can't do anything since I do not have the money to upgrade to a faster one. My internet plan is 5 mbps so that is like 250-300 KB/s estimated speed. I couldn't really complain though. I am not into torrenting or downloading a lot of huge files. I am mostly into online gaming and blogging. :)

5. Gary Davis

Gary Davis New Member

I am using Sprint unlimited internet it is the fastest internet I've ever had with this I can browse the internet shop online and just surf the web fast plain simple and easy I used to have a slow internet connection which made me mad so I definitely had to update I like to stay online practically all day working so with the fast internet is much needed now I can do the things I love like blogging on sites web shopping and getting the things I need to get done.

6. Caleb

Caleb New Member

Here in Nigeria, the speed of your internet depends on your location and the network provider.

We have four major network providers. MTN's internet is okay, nothing special and cost is moderate. Airtel has cheap data plans but what's the use of cheap data when there is no network to use the data you have paid for. Glo has the cheapest data costs and depending on location, they are really good. Etisalat, which is now 9mobile has the costliest data plans but also the fastest. The data plan you get is worth the amount you pay, because the speed is awesome.

Personally, I use the GLO data plan. I'm sure you can deduce the result for this decision from the characteristics of each network provider that I listed above.

7. alexanderzx360

alexanderzx360 New Member

I currently live in Venezuela, and here it's one of the worst internet speeds of he whole continent. Right now I have the highest setting plan which is very expensive, where I can download at 1MB/s, but that hardly works at nights, since most of the day my speed falls down to 50KB/s and there are days when I can't even load a 480p Youtube video completely.

The main problem here is there are only a few internet providers, since the government controls most of the Internet access.

8. AlreadyReadIt

AlreadyReadIt New Member

Yikes Alexanderzx360, I feel your pain. I'm in a rural part of the United Kingdom. My internet speed is slightly under 1MB/s most of the time, occasionally peaking at 1.5MB/s. If it rains (it rains a lot over here!) my connection becomes even more unstable than usual, resulting in many hours of being unable to connect to the internet or even use a home landline.

This is probably because of the copper cabling used for our phone lines. They are very old cables and run under the road in some places too, in addition to rubbing up against trees on the way to the exchange. Unfortunately our Internet Service Provider can't do anything about it because the cables are the property of British Telecom (a company whom owns the monopoly) and British Telecom engineers always claim that the issue is inside the house, rather than outside of the property.