IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How long do you stay online a day?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Tony16, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Tony16

Tony16 New Member

I am always online looking for information on different researches I make. At other time I am there to catch fun, I visit social media sites to chat with friends, watch videos and look at photos.

In a day I spend an average of nine hours online working on projects and socializing. I don't see it as too much time on the internet since I do most of my work online.

How long do you stay online in a day?

Jane Marie likes this.
  2. Satelliting

Satelliting New Member

I would definitely say that I spend around 4-5 hours a day online. However, if you count being on my phone with games, social media, and shopping, I would say probably around 7 hours a day. I have a massive problem with shopping and I need to break it.

@Tony16, what kind of projects do you work on? I typically spend most time online with my desktop doing projects like website design and coding.

3. Sttitus

Sttitus New Member

I wish I could possibly say that I have a mattress online. Most of my time has been spent researching online. I spend more than five hours daily looking for information and learning new skills.

I also spend much of my time watching YouTube videos and recently have I decided to look for ways to make money online because it is the best thing I do well. The fact is I am addicted to the internet every now and then and this is because of the opportunities I see online.

4. rbj8611

rbj8611 New Member

It's pretty ridiculous how much time I spend online per day. I'd have to say 10-12 hours total. But it's mostly business and productivity so I can honestly say I'm not wasting too much time. The only type of media I use daily is music and the rest is work. I'm surprised at this point I'm not wearing bifocals o_O

5. getnpaid

getnpaid New Member

I am guilty of being on the computer 5-6 hours, off and on, I am a stay home mom. When my kids are off to school and housework is done, this is basically how I socialize and look for online work, do researches, even teach myself how to do things that I didn't know how to. This little box is kind of another world to me. I learn new things on it, every day!

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

I'm a Freelancer so basically I spend my whole day on the web. I'm doing research, dealing with my pages and my Online Store. On my spare time I search for extra courses on the best way to procure cash while at home, perusing forums and blog sites and significantly more.

There are truly tons of things that you can do online not just to socialize and have some fun but you can also learn new things and a lot more in the virtual world to explore. Shopping is also a great stuff to do online. It's less hassle in a way that you don't have to go out to shop and some of the Shopping Sites available give discounts as well as freebies which is definitely a nice treat for most shoppers.

7. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree Wongwanlee New Member

When I am awake, I am online just about all the time. The only times I am not online is when I am in the bathroom or eating. I don't mix eating with Web surfing. There are so many ways that little bits of food can fall into the little spaces between the keys of the keyboard. Then ants or cockroaches will go after them. That would be the beginning of the end for the keyboard.

So what do I do online?

Well, I catch up with my family and friends on Facebook. I also study online. I work online as well. And when my study and work is done, I play online. My one and only game is World of Warcraft. At the moment, I already have four characters in the Broken Isles and am leveling a warlock up.

8. badcannon

badcannon New Member

I was reading some reply up until my reply I have to say you guys might just have a better bandwidth and lot more time than me of course,some of you are working online so no comment on that but the rest with facebook and twitter and other social shit, damn guys you waste a lot of time . I will be most honest in answering this question and I would say I might just be online for a couple of hours MAX !! ,checking my email and youtube accounts that's that nothing else :p

9. ChattyCatty

ChattyCatty New Member

For me that answer varies by the day. Some days I am online pretty much all of the time, and others I am barely online. As soon as I wake up, I usually turn on my phone (because I usually turn it off at night, so I won't be disturbed by notifications) and check my online shops and social media accounts. I often check the news on Twitter, but sometimes I'll vary, and check the local news app.

I can do some work from the phone, but I prefer to use the desktop for that, so I can have bunches of tabs open at the same time, since my mind goes a mile a minute. Some days I am off doing other things in the real world, though, and will only check my shops periodically, or post a few things on social media. So, the answer could vary from less than one hour to about 10 hours, which would be on those days where I'm streaming shows I watch in addition to working.

10. Jane Marie

Jane Marie New Member

Most of my day is spent on my computer with my two dogs lazing on the couch behind me. Some days I may spend twelve hours or more whereas other days it may be only an hour.

I spend the time researching for the novel I am writing or reading posts on Facebook. I don't have a television so I also watch a lot of movies and documentaries on YouTube. I also spend time chatting with friends and family on messenger as well as playing games.

11. FreeThinker

FreeThinker New Member

It depends on many factors, but as an online worker and a gamer it is a must to have a 6 hours at least online logging either from my PC or my phone, also I depends on the internet for getting in touch with family and friends via facebook, twitter and other social sites, then I can be online over 10 hours a day in some days but the minimum for me is 6 hours daily except Saturday and Sunday as FOREX market is closed then I always have a few hours online.

12. Mihail

Mihail New Member

Most of the time I spend about 2+ hours on the internet.When it comes to using Facebook i think that there is no one that isn't staying there just to see someones posts or just to chat with someone.Nowadays we have phones that we spend a lot time with.Wherever you go there is internet to connect to and stay online, watching videos on YouTube,chatting on Messenger/Facebook.I don't use Twitter and I'm glad that I don't because I think if I start using Twitter I would be up for 5 or even 6 hours on the internet.And adding to that playing games or doing other fun things on the internet that makes a lot time spent on electronics.

13. Igor Jovanovic

Igor Jovanovic New Member

I'd say I spend too much time on the internet haha. It's probably about 10 hours a every day. I really like to watch TV shows online and youtube videos, I am probably addicted. Even when I am at school, I like to check social media from my mobile phone. But also I do some useful stuff, it is mainly researching and learning new things.

14. harijobs

harijobs New Member

I spend 6-8 hours in online since as of now most of my income is from different kinds of sites that I work for. It includes PTC, survey sites, writing sites, forums and much more. I spend on youtube only during the weekends for watching movies.

Otherwise, I will be reading story books, painting, drawing and doing origami. ;):)

15. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

I spend at least 10 hrs online daily because most of my income and entertainment is here. My activities include audio transcription, selling herbal recipes, research, shopping, and gaming. I also plan to start my own natural health website soon and to top it all off, I use social media to keep in contact with family and friends overseas.

16. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

Right now, I am at 4 hours a day and this is during different times of the day. Most of the time is work with some studying and testing sprinkled in periodically. The income I'm generating is slowly increasing, and I make a conscious effort not to rush the process. If I did, I would spend too much time online that doesn't involve an immediate income.

This is part of the organization skill that I'm honing. Focusing mainly on the immediate income, while leaving some time for submissions, files transfers, etc....that will help generate more money in the future.

17. Sainfai

Sainfai New Member

I am currently a student, so I spend most of my day online. I have pretty much all day do to anything I want, I study a bit then just surf the web for the next 10h+. What I regret the most is that while spending most of my day in front of the computer, I don't do anything useful: I don't learn anything or earn any money. My parents told me to learn something instead of doing nothing all day, but I'm unsure of what I should start learning.

18. Sikka

Sikka New Member

When I'm not working, pretty much all day. If I am not on my computer I am probably on my phone or have Netflix going on the TV.

19. DanielYahoo

DanielYahoo New Member

Currently I spend about 7 hours online. This however is increasing as I recently completed my university studies and am always online looking for money making opportunities and also gathering information on everything. I google a lot just to try to be more aware of my surroundings and the universe at large.

20. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

Sometimes when you get too often online you get bored, because you are left all alone with your PC surfing the net. I spend 5 hr online then I do some other activities to cover the day, maybe spend time with love ones and when am back i spend another 5hrs, checking results to see if I have made any clicks or sales. Spending the whole day trying to get riches is not the way but be creative and trade your product online because if you have nothing to offer online then you are not on the right lane to make money. Go check upwork.com and find something to do.