IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How much time do you spend watching TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by bree, Feb 19, 2017.

1. bree

bree New Member

I've noticed recently that I've been spending more time binge watching TV series and viewing new release movies. I used to only spend a few hours a week, and now I sometimes watch my favorite shows for hours on end. Up to 5 hours on days when I have nothing else to do. The updated series they are releasing are interesting and easy to get lost in. How many hours do you spend watching TV on any given day?

2. todwyer01

todwyer01 New Member

It truly depends on what is on and what I have to do. If I have work, I might put a movie or TV show on in the background just so that I can stay awake when reading overly complicated assignments. But on average, I try to stay below three (3) hours, except if a show or movie that I wanted to see is on i.e. those first releases on Starz or HBO, etc. then it seems that I am watching TV more.

3. bruno nunes

bruno nunes New Member

4. todwyer01

todwyer01 New Member

Anything interesting...or just channel surfing. Just wondering because I feel that more often than not, I am the latter.

5. hassaan

hassaan New Member

It depends, sometimes i spend up to 5 hours

6. Sujeeth

Sujeeth New Member

"Children aged 2-11 watch over 24 hours of TV per week, while adults aged 35-49 watch more than 33 hours, according to data from Nielsen that suggests TV time increases the older we get. The average American watches more than five hours of live television every day and i watch 5-6 hours a day"

7. 9999

9999 New Member

Great info

8. lancer254

lancer254 New Member

I spend more than 40 hours per week watching TV shows.

9. Zero

Zero New Member

I can't even remember when was the last time i watched TV, ever since i got my first laptop like 8 years ago, i never looked back. TV programs have gone down in terms of quality over the last few years and other than a few TV shows that i follow or a couple of interesting movies that get released there is nothing in my opinion that it's worth watching.

10. Victor Kimani

Victor Kimani New Member

I can't really remember the last time I 'sat down to watch TV.' It must be 6-7 years ago in my last year of college. I have been too busy with 'life' I have no time to watch TV, apart from, of course, watching prime-time news. Besides, in my part of the world programming in most TV stations has spiraled to a worse position that it was a decade ago. Junk 'entertainment' (read music videos) shows have consistently replaced educative and informative content.

11. Sahal PS

Sahal PS New Member

I would sit in front of TV as long as I can until I get sleepy. Some Programs are really interesting and I love to watch it. Especially on festivals, I don't get time to celebrate, I'll end up watching the favorite movies in the TV. Nowadays, everyone is engaged on mobile phones and no one has time for TV.

12. IkaBula

IkaBula New Member

I wish I could say a lot more, but really these days I only watch Survivor because I love it and if I get time (which is rare) I'll watch Q&A (An Australian panel show which often features some very knowledgeable people where the public are able to ask them questions.) Though, with the latter I'll often Podcast it at work and listen to the audio.

I guess if it counts for anything I'll often have ABCNews24 in the background while I do housework too...

Between juggling the kids, wife, work, errands and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life getting time to sit before the box is no mean feat.

13. VEHNOM1

VEHNOM1 New Member

I will watch TV for days as long as I have something interesting to watch and if I have the time. When watching the right thing there can never be a dull moment there are so many interesting things to watch. Music videos, cartoons, entertainment news etc.

14. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

I usually spend about 20 hours a day watching television when I was unemployed and partially employed, but now that I am permanently employed, I watch television about 3 to 5 hours daily, due to job demands and tiredness.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  15. Zero

Zero New Member

I can't even remember when was the last time i watched TV, ever since i got my first laptop like 8 years ago, i never looked back. TV programs have gone down in terms of quality over the last few years and other than a few TV shows that i follow or a couple of interesting movies that get released there is nothing in my opinion that it's worth watching.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  16. Amanda2801

Amanda2801 New Member

I watch a lot of TV. I work 8-5 Monday to Friday but watch TV from about 5.30 until I go to bed at 10pm. Weekends I am even worse especially if I am not doing anything. I think it helps that the box sets these days are so good.

17. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

I watch about two to four hours of television per day. I work from home, so I keep the TV on all day in the other room just to have some noise in the background, as pure silence annoys me. When I am done working for the day, I sit down and watch TV before I go to sleep. I tend to record a lot of shows so I can just rewind, pause or stop where needed.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  18. Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson New Member

I watch a lot of tv in one day. I watch about 8 hours of tv a day. I always have loved tv since I was a kid. I find something I want to watch everytime I turn on the tv. Im not a people person and tv has been a great friend to me in my life. I learn a lot from tv and that why I watch it so much. There are so many genre of tv shows. Its impossible for me to get tired watching tv.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  19. hhhsquare35

hhhsquare35 New Member

I watch Kannada Devotional Serials in TV. Though I am married these Serials inspires me to proceed on the spiritual path. It helps me to battle the problematic realities in my life. I also love to watch Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. TV usually has a lot of surprises waiting to be discovered and learned.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  20. Liam

Liam New Member

i usually spend about 12 hours a day watching tv