IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How much water do you drink in a day ?

Discussion in 'Health' started by temmygabriel, Jul 21, 2017.

1. temmygabriel

temmygabriel New Member

How much water do you (at least aspire) to drink during the day? I've heard everything from 6-10 cups to drinking half your body weight in ounces. I know I feel better the more water I drink (once I stop having to run to the rest room every ten minutes...). There are obvious downsides to being dehydrated and the possibility of water toxicity in extreme circumstances.

What's the happy medium?

2. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I drink near about 6 litres of water in a day. Sometimes, it may increase upto 10 litres.I drink much water because it makes me able to do work all the day with new zeal and zest.I don't drink 10 litres at once,but I drink water after 1 or 2 hours.Water is very important yo maintain our body digestive system.Much water may save us from constipation and many other dangerous and fatal diseases.

3. Bush

Bush New Member

I drink at least, four litres of water per day. Depending on dehydration level and amount of work i do per day. The amount can go for up to 10 litres per day. Water is good for eliminating toxics in our body. Thus, helping us to avoid diseases.

4. Bani

Bani New Member

Honestly speaking, I drink 3 to 5 litres of water everyday. What I know is that, the advantages associated with taking a lot of water outweighs the disadvantages. For instance, taking a lot of water flushes out toxins in our bodies, boosts the immune system, and improves our skin complexion among many other beneficial things. On the contrary, lack of enough water in our bodies may lead to constipation which is very painful indeed as I was once a victim.

walter12 likes this.
  5. Glinary

Glinary New Member

It depends on how much food I take daily. For example, I ate a very tasty pizza. If I tasted lots of sugar in it, I'd grab 2 glasses of water for me just to get that sweet taste off my mouth. I don't know, maybe my tongue just gets itchy if I let a strong taste stay for too long. Give me a slice of a chocolate cake and you'll find me drinking a 500 mL bottle to be finished within a few minutes.

It's weird how I actually like the taste of water more than the taste of sweet candies. If I skip lunch, I'd still drink a bottle of water found beside my bed. If I skip dinner, you'll find me drinking clean water just to satisfy my hungry stomach.

6. kayjay77

kayjay77 New Member

Hi Temmygabriel.

It is not exasperating that you, like myself, have heard different amounts of water that is good for any individual to drink. I have been informed that eight cups of water a day is the expected number of drinks. Now, that could be exactly eight cups or at least eight cups of water per day, particularly when we are outside for long periods of time in hot weather. It also is not bothersome that you mentioned drinking half one's body weight amount.

Further, it is not made understood to drink only water and no other types of fluids; for instance, whether it is okay to drink four cups of water and two cups of apple juice and two cups of milk. Certainly, we also need our fair share of Vitamins C, D, and E along with our calcium. I must admit, I do not measure per se how much water I drink a day because it is not made clear that if I do drink 8 cups of water a day, on that same day how much apple juice, orange juice and milk should I also drink. One thing is for certain: If we do drink that many liquids a day, that is a lot of drinking for any one person to do. [laugh]

7. walter12

walter12 New Member

I as well consume roughly around 5 liters of water of everyday, and over the years ever since i increased my consumption to the stated amount, i have noticed great improvements in regards to my health and mental state which consists of increased energy, improved skin complexion and several other benefits such as flushing out toxins and boosting the immune system. Regardless of all the benefits that have been mentioned, not drinking enough water can cause a lot of issues such as constipation, headaches and feeling disoriented, and drinking too much water causes your kidney to become unable to excrete the excess water which leads to the content of the blood to be diluted and in low sodium levels.

8. R_jay

R_jay New Member

The amount of water I take on a daily basis depends on the weather condition. It varies between 3-4 glasses on a chilly day and up to 7 on a hot day. Water is an important essential in our bodies as it keeps the body cells hydrated. Taking a lot of water enables our bodies to undertake its activities effectively.

9. Janet Muthoni

Janet Muthoni New Member

I take say 2.5 litres a day, and that according to most health experts is just the right amount to have. Well most people don't listen to their bodies and therefore don't realise when they need some water or end up taking too much.

To be honest, i think taking more than 5 litres is uncalled for. Unless maybe you are in extreme weather conditions that make you yearn for more water.

10. Katie365

Katie365 New Member

I've always tried my best to drink 8 glasses of water per day but it's just not realistic for me. Some days i drink more water than others but on most days it's 6 glasses a day that is 2 glasses before every meal. Water has many health benefits for my skin and kidneys and theres a noticeable difference if i don't drink water all day. But whenever i try to drink 8 glasses i feel uncomfortable and its an unnatural feeling. I can't imagine myself drinking 6 litres of water as much as i may want to.

11. Ayoma

Ayoma New Member

I drink lots of water in a day but the manner in which I do this am not quite sure is the right way. I usually drink water while eating and no matter how hard I try not to do so is just difficult. I always feel thirsty while having my meals hence the urge to quench my thirst. Many have discouraged me with this habit but I can't just stop.

12. splendour12

splendour12 New Member

In Average, I would say I drink about 5 glass cups of water daily, though sometimes drinking that quantity makes me urinate more often than usual. That's why I just have to reduce the rate at which I drink water daily. I heard drinking a lot of water makes one healthy am also looking forward to drinking more glasses of water daily. The only problem is the constant urination after drinking a lot of water, I don't know if it's just me or something. I wanna start drinking 6 to 10 glass cups of water daily so I can be healthier, at the same time I dont wanna urinate constantly afterwards.