IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How old is your computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Shavkat79, Sep 2, 2015.

1. classic456

classic456 New Member

This laptop of mine is already 7 years old!

At first I bought it not because I actually needed one, but more likely because I wanted to see how good these thigns were. My Laptop is actuall an AMD-ATI build, an old Phenom X3. This computer, with its ups and downs, has surprised me quite a lot, it has actually put up with all of my studies, work and even some gaming, I am not going to replace it unless it stops working!

Bobo likes this.
  2. Pepen26

Pepen26 New Member

Komputer saya kurang lebih 8 tahun,tapi berfungsi normal....

3. Bobo

Bobo New Member

4. ipoypunk

ipoypunk New Member

About 1-2 years.. Still using Windows XP :)

5. ipoypunk

ipoypunk New Member

Hebat.. kok bisa tahan ya ?

6. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

I have owned the same laptop for 5 years now and it's still going strong. I have actually gotten more use out of this laptop, a Dell, then I have any desktop I have previously owned.

In my opinion, brand matters, but not as much as regular maintenance. Defragmenting regularly and keeping the programs in check does a lot. I also don't do as much social media and video streaming as most people, so my computer doesn't really work as hard as most.

7. blosso

blosso New Member

My computer has 10 years with me! I know it sounds crazy but it's an old lenovo and we've been together for a long time now!

8. casscillac

casscillac New Member

Well I had to buy a new laptop my old on screen got crushed and it would have been better to just buy a new one. But I say that as long as all of the programs are still running good and it hasn't slowed down don't change it keep it and use it. The only time to buy a new on is when the old one starts have too many repairs.

9. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Mine is less than a year old

10. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

My current is only about two years or so.

The last I had was about six and eventually started running slowly. Then... eventually stopped working entirely. It ran ME.

11. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I just bought a used laptop a month ago. It is an old model but it works fine. It is Fujitsu Life Book having 80 gb hard drive, 2 gb ram and super drive. Battery timing is 1.5 hrs. This laptop cost me $65 only and it is running Windows 7. Before this i had Dell Latitude 2120. It was a nice laptop but due to its small sized keyboard, it was hard to type on it rather than a regular laptop. I sold it for $120 and bought this one. This one doesn't look that good but works according to my requirements. Additionally i bought headphones and webcam for video chat as it does have built-in webcam. i am satisfied with it.

12. bossthecall

bossthecall New Member

My computer is around 6 years old. I've been thinking about changing it but financially i could not afford anything better.

The Specifications of my current laptop are Intel Core i5 processor, Ram is 4 GB, Hard drive is 300 GB and Graphics card is Intel HD 3000. This laptop have supported me through thick and thin. I think these specifications are just enough for everything except gaming.

I think we should change our computer when its outdated. Means when the computer is not tough enough to cope with everyday increasing requirements we should change it.

13. techigeek

techigeek New Member

My computer is approximately 7 months old .Surprisingly It still works amazingly ,its not a very heavy duty machine per say but its just what I need to get me through my day. It has it's pros and cons , like the fact that the processor is just a regular intel inside .Yep no I3 ,no I5, no I7 ,The graphics are fairly good quality and it is still capable of running high quality games / programs ,etc..

"All n All" I love my computer and I wouldn't have it another way

14. Atropia

Atropia New Member

Recently updated my computer prior to having it for 8 years. Decided to spend some cash on some new parts, at first was going to keep a majority of parts, however I had decided to just buy everything at once, including a case, GPU, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and another SSD. So I had this set of new parts for the past 7 months, and this time I don't plan on updating any time soon.

15. martindrox

martindrox New Member

With this kind of setup, You won't need to upgrade your PC in a long run. If your GPU is Nvidia anywhere near 1060 and up, You can run most recent games with high resolution, and even when it's outdated, you can band it with another GPU via SLI. SSD plays a very helpful part of boosting up your PC, it differs if it's SATA or NVME, still both are pretty fast!

My PC is so outdated, I'd give it up with no gratis. Everything in it is just a snag, it botch every task I want to do, You can say my PC is primordial.

16. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

I have two computers, the first one is a HP desktop which is six years old and it is my favorite because it has all my documents and data's in it. I use it often when am at home, The second computer i have is a HP laptop, it is now two years and five months old. It is up-to-date because i enjoy using my laptop any where, especially when am alone and I don't feel like been disturbed, I can take my laptop somewhere cool and sit, surf the net or sometimes just watch movie.