IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How to be more flexible for yoga

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by pmk1996, Dec 31, 2017.

1. pmk1996

pmk1996 New Member

In the past week I was working on building my flexibility and trust me, I was terrible to be honest. My hips are really aching and my back is a little sour. But I tend to believe that's normal considering that I've never tried being flexible before but I believe it's worth it and it's what I want. Here's what I've learned could help me and other people who relate to this become more flexible.

1. Have a routine

We all have parts of our bodies that are more flexible than others. In this case we need to work on those areas that are not so flexible. In order to become more flexible for yoga you need consistency and to have consistencconsistency you need a routine.. Write down all the areas that need to be stretched and write down all the stretches you need to practice. The next step is to schedule some time after class to practice these stretches. Consistency is the key.

2.Hips.
    I came to learn that king lotus and pigeon poses require flexible hips. In order to become more flexible in this are I will do the butterfly stretch more.

3. Spine.
    To open up tight shoulders, start byby hugging yourself in a standing and also a seated position. Then roll your spine vertebrae by vertebrae. You will manage the camel and rabbit poses with this stretch.

4. Hamstrings
    To stretch your hamstrings, sit down on the floor with your legs straight infront of you and your back and spine upright. Bring your chest towards your legs and make sure your hands are reaching out towards your toes. This stretch gives you lean hamstrings that are perfect for the monkey pose.