IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

how to conceive a baby boy?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by angele, Nov 13, 2015.

1. angele

angele New Member

I have 3 girls already and I would like my last child to be a boy. please help!

2. ally79

ally79 New Member

I don't believe that there is a scientific way to make sure that you conceive a boy, but you could do a little internet research and probably find a lot of information. I know that there are many Chinese theories about conceiving a boy as opposed to a girl. Good luck to you! I am currently expecting my third child and my second girl. :)

3. Kazemy

Kazemy New Member

One theory I find more plausible on influencing the sex of the baby, is timing the day of sexual intercourse to the day of ovulation.

Having sex 3 days before ovulation, you conceive a boy, having sex the day of ovulation or 2 days after ovulation means you get a girl.

The sperm carries either x (to make a girl) or y (boy) chromosome. The sperm with y, has more mitochondria thus more energy to swim fast and survive the journey to the ova in the fallopian tube. Thus, the y chromosomes have a head start to the ova, however die after 1-2days.

The sperms with the x chromosome having less energy swim slower and take their sweet time to reach the ova. Therefore if intercourse takes place even after ovulation, the sperms will still be viable to fertilize. The y chromosome sperms by that time are long exhausted perhaps dead after ovulation.

P.S. The man has to have sperms with both x and y chromosomes in the first place!

KenBrace likes this.
  4. Theboysmom04

Theboysmom04 New Member

I don't know if there is any special way to conceive a certain sex however, I had three boys with my ex husband I'm currently pregnant with a girl from my new husband. There are slight differences with the conceptions of each sex in my case.

Conception of the boys were in my twenties. My partner was over weight, had no blood pressure issues, we had sex very infrequently, we had deep penetrating sex when we did make love, he drank a lot of soda pop, and he was a generally lazy person. Conception of my daughter, my husband cannot eat salt, he has high blood pressure, I'm now in my thirties, he eats a lot of vegetables, we make love frequently, he doesn't drink caffeine. I don't know if these things make a difference but these were the differences in my life. I hope this helps.

5. Tony16

Tony16 New Member

I read from some sources that the best time to make sex if you're looking for a boy is during when the woman is on her ovulation. The reason for this is because the Y chromosome in the sex cell of the male responsible for a boy does not live long in the body of the female but travels faster than the X chromosome to meet with the egg.

The lifespan of the Y chromosome is shorter, around 24 to 48 hours, compsred to the X chromosome that can survive up to four days in the woman's body. I think it is scientifiically correct to make sex during the woman's ovulation because that is the time when her fertilization occurs normally.

6. Decentlady

Decentlady New Member

If you are seriously looking to have a baby boy and by no means want to take a chance than go for In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF).

With any other method whether Chinese theory or not, there is no guarantee. It is always trial and error.

Since you are having your fourth baby I strongly suggest IVF unless you are okay with having another girl child.

Best wishes!:)

7. Jane Marie

Jane Marie New Member

I never had the joy of carrying any child full term, although I tried desperately there is no chance now. You have three girls, can you appreciate that there are some childless couples who would give their right arm just to give birth to any child whatever gender it might be. I would have been happy and my life complete if I could have had just the one child. Even just one.

In the middle ages, it was said that eating salt could help to bring a boy in the womb, but we all know it is down to the male's x and y chromosomes. If you have four, or even five girls, that was what was meant to be, love them all the same and appreciate that you have been able to conceive and carry full term and give birth to healthy children.

8. JD25

JD25 New Member

i have 2 boys and 2 girls. i follow chinese prediction calender and also i planned atleast 1 month before i want to start to conceive. when i plan to have a boy, i will eat more meat or seafood than vegetables. also 1 will only let my husband to blow in on the 15th days after my menstrual cycle. Good luck!!