IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How to stop musterbation

Discussion in 'Health' started by Ouru, Feb 3, 2018.

?

Is musterbation right?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ouru

Ouru New Member

Many people think it's normal, but it's addictive just like alcohol. You might think like you are doing the right thing and thus, you will easily get addicted to masturbation. Instead, read the articles suggesting that masturbation is bad and very harmful.

Find other hobbies to utilize your energy. Try getting into a band, a football team or get swimming lessons; this way you will not even think of masturbation let alone doing it.

Talk to someone you trust. If you feel like it’s becoming hard for you to avoid masturbation, try talking to someone you trust and who can help you. These people can include your priest, close relative or friend. You may first feel like it’s embarrassing but at the end, you will find help and avoid getting addicted to masturbation.

2. Tomah

Tomah New Member

Even if I grant that masturbation "addiction" is analogous to substance addiction (it isn't, as far as I know), why would that imply abstinence? Plenty of perfectly normal, healthy people enjoy alcohol without getting addicted or wasted. And just like masturbation, alcohol is not a moral issue; there's no "right" or "wrong" here. As for articles suggesting that masturbation is harmful, please share your sources.

Sure, it's possible to fall into compulsive masturbation, just like it's possible to fall into compulsive swimming, or knitting, or whatever else you can think of. But the problem is not the activity, it's the person. Condemning the activity without addressing the underlying issues doesn't seem like a reasonable approach to me.