IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How would you justify to a non-beleiver that God exists?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Lala Vincent, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Lala Vincent

Lala Vincent New Member

This is the most confusing question I have asked myself.And for a long time.

Well,I always say that if God ain't there,then all this life must be a waste of time.I mean, how could you work this hard and go nowhere when you die?.It's all for nothing.

But when I hear about haunting stories,which are true then I always say surely we have a soul as humans because no matter how many animals you kill,you never hear of an animal haunting someone.

2. mwangi

mwangi New Member

Well, from what I understand you don't need to justify anything. In this world there are proofs of God's existence and also other people claim they can prove God doesn't exist. Believing in God is a choice you make on your own. If a non believer doesn't wanna make that choice there's nothing you can do to change their mind.

3. Meli

Meli New Member

When things go wrong for the poor and righteous people, we do wonder does God exist. At times, we do even blame and question God for his silence.

A God-fearing person stands strong during his suffering, even when there's no hope to overcome it. When a miracle happens in such a hopeless situation, you can be sure a non-believer would surely draw closer to God some day.

4. rrreee

rrreee New Member

Things got to start from something and science can't explain the beginning of everything so God does exist.

5. Themayor

Themayor New Member

To proof that God does exist to unbelievers needs not to be a brain cracker. Starting from the way we are delicately but mysteriously made poses more intelligent questions to ask ourselves that there is an overall mysterious super being who is wiser, cleverer and all powerful than we mere beings.

Sometimes I do wonder the way we are configured with numerous interconnectivity and highly intelligent body motor and other various body chemicals working magically to the puzzle of the wisest mortal beings.

In this wise, the unbelievers can be taking through all these evidences to proof that there is an Almighty God that is behind our Creation, the Heaven and Earth.

6. maxwell wanjohi

maxwell wanjohi New Member

First of all those who don't believe that God created everything in the universe believe in the big bang.The question that needs to be asked is that if the universe occurred by reaction of gases but where did those gases come from.

7. breezykip

breezykip New Member

It is possible to prove that God exists.The Bible contains many prophesies from God which history shows that they were later accurately fulfilled. An example is the prophesy concerning fall of Babylon.Isaiah prophesied that "it would never be inhabited again" -(Isaiah 13:20). Until now Babylon (currently an area 80 km south of badhdad) is an area covered with ruins with no inhabitants.Isaiah as a prophet of God prophesized what God told him and its fulfillment shows that God who was behind the prophecy exists.

8. Erica

Erica New Member

I wouldn't. I think its a choice. Its just like believing in anything else that's abstract. Like the concept of love. How do you know you love your mother? I don't love my mother except because I do. And that's how I believe in "God." Its not really a clear explanation. It simply is this way.

9. Allan Cribz

Allan Cribz New Member

It is possible to ‘convince’ lots of people that there’s a God. Religions have been accomplishing that for millennia. Persuading someone of something is hardly the same thing as proving it. People staunchly believe all sorts of things for poor reasons, or no reasons at all.

Tomah likes this.
  10. Esteban Paniagua

Esteban Paniagua New Member

You cannot really justify to a non-believer that a God does exist. It doesn't matter what religion you are trying to prove as most deities tend to never be seen or felt, they're abstract which is why those who want physical evidence will not ever be able to believe in one. To them, seeing will be believing so therefore, it will be extremely difficult to persuade a non-believer that a God does exist. I for one am an atheist so I don't have a belief in God or a God at this point in my life.

11. Esteban Paniagua

Esteban Paniagua New Member

You have no evidence for the claim you made about people who don't believe in God, rather instead believe that everything in the universe was created by the Big Bang several billion years ago. You're making it seem as if it's only black and white when indeed, there is most likely a spectrum with each of these two claims being on opposite ends.

12. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

You can't. At least in conversation, you can't. When you are caught up in a conversation with a non-believer, you cannot justify the existence of God in them. It's just like igniting a fire between you two.

You can only justify the existence of God in your life. When you walk in life and live life shining how Jesus is, then you're a living testament that god exists. When you go back to your religious beliefs's core, you'll just go back to the Bible's teachings. And what is that? To be like Jesus, right? So when you walk this earth like Jesus Christ, then you will just shine on and be a living testament of the existence of God. Jesus is a compassionate God. He never judged anyone while he was here on earth. I think this is what believers/christians fail to do these days, we are so caught up with injecting our strong beliefs to others that we forgot we are becoming judgmental on others. But when we shift our focus on becoming what God wants us to be (and that is to be like Jesus) then I must say that God will manifest in our lives and the argument about the existence of God will cease to exist.

13. Abdul Siddiqui

Abdul Siddiqui New Member

It is very simple. Firstly, you must establish the fact that everything with limited variables (basically everything in existence) must be dependent on something else, and that nothing with limited variables (for example a human has a limited amount of cells, organs, etc.; these are the variables of a human) can depend on itself. Then you must establish that the universe has limited variables and thus must depend on something else. Since nothing with limited variables can depend on itself, the universe must depend on something else, which is God.

14. Anne Gabrielle David

Anne Gabrielle David New Member

I agree. You can't justify the existence of God to a non believer because it will make you look bad and make us Christian like we are trying to convert them into our religion. But to satisfy your curiosity about the existence of God is this, The Earth is perfect with animals that live in it, breathing the same air as ours, having a land, water, mountains and all those water and land bodies that exist in our planet. Now think about the Universe and how it was created, how Billion years ago is happen and now go to the Genesis book in the Bible and how God created the World in 6 Days that according to scholars were millions and billions of years that happened because time is different with God, a day with God would be millions of years to us, so you see that Science and religion agrees on the same thing, they don't actually contradict each other. Now going back to the Universe and 'it' being perfect, How do you think a perfect world and a perfect universe was made without a MORE perfect being there to make it? So therefore God exist. It is only a matter of opening your eyes and your hearts to Him and He will make you believe in Him. :)

15. RecoverAll

RecoverAll New Member

Vincent,God does exist and there's so much proof of His existence all around us. The choice to believe in God's existence is solely yours. No one can do it for you. All I can tell you is,God will be as real to you as you let Him be. No matter what,God loves you so much Vincent. Seek Him with all your heart and you shall find Him.