IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I don't watch Game Of Thrones. How would you convince me to watch?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Lou, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Lou

Lou New Member

Okay! So, I will openly admit I've only seen, maybe, 3 episodes of Game Of Thrones (GOT). I'm open to all different types of shows. I've watched everything from The Vampire Diaries and Alone to Vikings. I just could not get into GOT. What you tell me to convince me I needed to watch this show?

Kieranlewix and Aggy91 like this.
  2. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

This is an interesting thread because I have not also watched game of thrones ,except for a few episodes. I am the type of person to realy get hooked on shows,but not the GOT.I have friends who are die-hard fans and I honestly do not get it. I hope someone here will post something very convincing about following the show.

Kieranlewix and Lou like this.
  3. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

Game of Thrones and The Vampire Diaries are literally my best series films of all time. I have watched all eight seasons of The Vampire Diaries and to be honest I was almost in tears when season eight climaxed and ended the years of following the series. When I was not watching The Vampire Diaries I was hooked on the Game Of Thrones. It is another action-packed film filled with adventure, comedy, thrill, pain, and bloodshed. I would classify it as an epic movie since its theme is the oldern age of knights and kingdoms. The Seven Kingdoms are ruled by one king, from the House Baratheon, by the name Robert Baratheon. He is a great king and his rule knits all the seven kingdoms together.

After his death the kingdoms all revolt each with a mission to produce the next overall ruler of all kingdoms. By heredity, Robert's first son Joffrey Baratheon is heir to the throne but you can imagine the people are not happy when the immature and selfish boy takes over. Eventually, every interested party with the means to wage war does so in an attempt to ascend the throne and that forms the main story behind the Game Of Thrones. I would recommend the series to any fan of epic movies. It never disappoints.

Aggy91 likes this.
  4. Arnold kibiribiri

Arnold kibiribiri New Member

Game of thrones is probably the best show of the 21century, capturing a medieval world defined by deceit, corruption and political intrigue. This fantasy drama has amazed, stunned and tear jerked audiences of all stripes -- owing largely to the show's unpredictable nature through its tendency to kill off some of its most likable characters.

Aggy91 likes this.
  5. Arnold kibiribiri

Arnold kibiribiri New Member

Try watching it, You get hooked on the last episode of season 1. I know I did

Aggy91 likes this.
  6. Den Denoh

Den Denoh New Member

Game of Thrones originates from a book series A Song of Ice and Fire brought to our screens courtesy of HBO.The directors and writers of this series have to be among the most creative film makers to date. I mean the plot is out of this world, from fire spiting dragons, to large armies, to dead men better known as "Whitewalkers" to the Unsullied.

It has an amazing and very talented cast who have adapted to their roles quite seemlessly i must say. They have definetly played a very crucial role in making Game of Thrones the success story it is today. The plot is huge enabling the writers capture so many themes that include war, seduction, deceit and politics.

It mainly revolves around the fictional Westeros and Esos with all the custodians of their various noble families seeking to conquer it. They have to be intelligent and ruthless while they are at it. Leaving nothing to chance and using all the available resources that include dragons and large armies. As they do this they have to be wary of their mutual enemy, The Whitewalkers who as we have seen in season 6 and 7 can be a force to reckon with and simply cannot afford to be ignored.

With their recent acquisition of one of Daenerys' dragon which now spits ice, they have become really dangerous. It is full of humour nonetheless and the wise Lord Baelish and Lord Varys always leave us with something to take home. So to simply put it, Game of Thrones is a must watch for those who have not. It is the perfect recipe for suspense, drama and more drama. It pulls you in and never lets go! So, make time and you surely will not regret.

Aggy91 and Kieranlewix like this.