IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I haven't seen the movie 'Chappie' yet; is it good?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Medusaz'Army, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Medusaz'Army

Medusaz'Army New Member

I know the band 'Die Antwoord' is in it and I love their music and their short films. I am wondering how good their acting is in a major film. My spare time is very limited for entertainment so I would rather not waste 2 hours if the movie is not worth it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Sikka

Sikka New Member

I forgot I wanted to see this. Thanks for the reminder! :p

3. W.C

W.C New Member

Chappie wasn't as good as district 9, but definitely had a few memorable moments, especially one with a "Car thief". It was a solid film.

4. Gad

Gad New Member

Chappie is a dope,adventurous movie.The plot flows and gives you suspense.It also has lots of emotional segments and makes one feel attached to the movie.I would highly recommend you to watch it.

5. Uchenna Okunna

Uchenna Okunna New Member

Chappie is a mediocre movie in terms of quality for a science fiction movie. Compared to other science fiction movies, I will give it a 3.5 stars out of 5. Even though the plot line was great I have seen better. However it made it to Cable TV so I guess there is an audience for it.

6. Tiile24

Tiile24 New Member

Chappie you mean?? Madam you missing a lot :D.
    What you miss include: the connection between high Artificial Intelligence and human emotions, the loyalty of Artificial Intelligence and the importance of good will against evil mentality among many.
    I've watched it about four times already. Grab your copy now!!!

7. keithjuma

keithjuma New Member

Chappie is a good movie.I totally recommend you watching it,that is if you are a sci-fi fan and love movies on topics like technological advances.
    I have watched it and liked it.Its a really good movie and its also emotional.That is how i found it.Totally worth your time in fact how is it you haven't
    watched it yet?

8. kobiman

kobiman New Member

To me, Chappie is more than good. It combines technology with love. Why am I saying this? This movie depicts a young programer who generated a code that produces human equivalent Artificial Intelligence which enables a robot to actually learn from it's environment like a child growing up.

Although this idea materialized, the invention went into the ditch because there wasn't love to accompany the development of the idea.

Additionally, the movie highlights the role Artificial Intelligence can play in a human government system as well as it's drawbacks.