IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

If you were given $100 million today what will you do?

Discussion in 'Business' started by Raffy Mark, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Raffy Mark

Raffy Mark New Member

Many people believe that money is power and some business experts today claim that becoming a millionaire is only an option. Now that is a perfect combination indeed. Every day of every year people work to earn for a living and money makes the world busy and a big traffic zone. Because of money and trade, we all want a piece of the market. We want the products of capitalism which is fueled by the desires of man that came from the belief system that was instilled in our young minds years ago to become thirsty innocent slaves who chase money for temporal or sometimes useless things thought firmly by the media.

Now, what if out of nowhere for some miraculous moment you will be receiving one hundred million dollars cash? what will be your first response? That is an incredible amount of money that can do a lot of things. What will you buy? will you squander it all for some luxurious life or do something else? I would consider buying business franchises if I would be that lucky one. That will sustain me for a longer time and can be passed on to the next generation if it became successful. Houses for me and each member of my family would be a practical decision, giving some to charities and vacation in Europe with my whole family will complete my list. How about you? Do you think it can also change a mans values and become arrogant or greedy? Or you will just behave just like a blessed person with proper values deciding what is practical and right?

2. Shasmilez

Shasmilez New Member

Hi Raffy, if I'm given such money, I'll think investment; yes, investment. I love investing in profitable Ventures so much and I think it will be a great privilege to spread risks across several boards. By investment I don't mean HYIPs or other volatile forms of business, but low and steady ones.

3. MsExquisite

MsExquisite Member

If I was given a million dollars today with my current situation the first thing I would do is pass out and then when I gain my conscious I will get on my knees and thank God. I will then take a minute to donate ten percent to my local church and another ten percent would be broken down to other non-profit charities in need and then I would give my immediate family ten percent and pay off my house and other debts. The rest I would bank fifty percent of it to gain interest and/or dividends and I would personally take myself on a shopping spree and travel the world some and then relax my standards for I can have some money left to invest in real estate, bitcoins, and the stock market to continue my investments for retirement. Cha-Ching!

Attached Files:

4. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Now, what if out of nowhere for some miraculous moment you will be receiving one hundred million dollars cash? what will be your first response? That is an incredible amount of money that can do a lot of things. What will you buy? will you squander it all for some luxurious life or do something else? I would consider buying business franchises if I would be that lucky one. That will sustain me for a longer time and can be passed on to the next generation if it became successful. Houses for me and each member of my family would be a practical decision, giving some to charities and vacation in Europe with my whole family will complete my list. How about you? Do you think it can also change a mans values and become arrogant or greedy? Or you will just behave just like a blessed person with proper values deciding what is practical and right?[/QUOTE]

I've seen money make people evil and greedy first hand. I grew up filthy rich and in an extremely abusive household. One of my favorite sayings is that money can't buy a person class or a heart. I walked away from a hefty inheritance and a nice house by the beach because no amount of luxuries or money was worth being in such a toxic and hateful environment. I slept on the streets for years and my life was pretty rough, but it was worth it either way. I didn't understand a lot about life back then, or about the motives of messed up people. I had a lot of money in the bank, CDs, and bonds that belonged to me and not my family, but I let them keep it and they tore themselves apart eventually. It most definitely can change people in the worst possible ways. It also changed my values and what I cared about in life. My own family didn't care what happened to me, only about money. Yet when I was on the streets people who had literally nothing taught me how to be humble. They were in a bad spot too but it wasn't even a thought to give someone else the food from their mouths and the clothes from their backs. I learned what humanity and true wealth really were. Investing would be a given because I want that money to stretch far and feed many mouths. Beyond my family I would invest in local businesses and my community so other's could prosper as well. We would buy a home for sure but nothing too extravagant, big homes are a hassle. Beyond paying my bills, there's nothing else in life I really want or that could be bought with money.

5. Lynn Fowler

Lynn Fowler New Member

One million would set me up for the rest of my life to support me with a variety of investments, and even allow for a bit of fun. I would give one million each to my kids. Then I would have the best fun in the world giving away the remaining 97 mill to help the neediest people and best causes that I could find.

6. Katie365

Katie365 New Member

I have thought about this alot since i play the lottery every chance i get. Buying a house or quitting my job were the first things that jumped into my mind because a comfortable life is all anyone wants. However i would start a business and invest in it as much as possible before blowing through all my money. Also i would buy a luxury car because they are just fantastic.

7. BubbaBen

BubbaBen New Member

Donation and investment. I'd pay for all of the things that I genuinely need, and perhaps a few things that are just wishes, then I'd split the rest between investing and donating. I'd definitely buy a nice house, though. Perhaps I'd buy equipment to start a small business too. There's just so much I want to do, it'd be really hard to decide.

8. Meryemm

Meryemm New Member

That would be a dream come true. The first thing I would do is get my sister the appropriate help she needs. She has so many health issues and I could use the money to get her the best health care. After we're through with that, I would get my mother a house, and I would probably donate some amount and invest the rest.
    If only that could ever come true!