IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

iMac/ Hp/ Dell/ Acer/ Toshiba/ Lenovo.. What's your Favorite?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by LeeLeakey, Jun 18, 2017.

1. LeeLeakey

LeeLeakey New Member

Reasons for considering might vary..we all understand
    Some go for sleek/slim types, some processor's speed don't matter to them, some is just the technology and Brand's name that matters.. Specifications is key sometimes, i know.. But I'm that Lenovo guy!

2. TheBigWolf

TheBigWolf New Member

My personal favourite is Lenovo. Lenovo is a good brand name in the computer world. I own a Lenovo Desktop. I have been using it since 5 years and have not faced a serious issue till now. Lenovo offers great durability. The build quality and the performance is also great.

3. Tejaswi

Tejaswi New Member

I haven't operated many laptops or desktops to made a firm decision. But I did work on few of my friend's electronics. And that's the only reason I can prove that HP laptops are the best. I haven't used an antivirus till date and i haven't had any issue for years. It allows you to open many tabs and is found in any laptops and desktops today.. But did you know that HP allows you to open many window tabs? Yes, I was curious to know how many of those you can open and i still don't know the answer. Because the laptop hung after opening 700+ window tabs. It's window tabs not the normal one's. I spent many minutes trying to close those window tabs, as even turning off the laptop didn't close the window tabs. (So, if you ever own a HP laptop, don't ever try this.. Because my friends, it never ends..!)

The best things anyone can get is a HP laptop with windows 10. I have heard many people say that windows 10 isn't user-friendly. I still don't understnd why..! It works more or less like android. And that's supposed to be the best part in a world with so many android smartphones. If anyone said windows 10 isn't the best, all i can tell them is that they don't know to operate a computer.!

4. juxtapositi0n

juxtapositi0n New Member

I don't mean to discount what the other posters have said -- however, pre-built PCs tend to come with a lot of bloatware and unnecessary programs. They also tend to be much more expensive and less powerful than one you put together yourself.

A lot of people shiver at the idea of putting a computer together, but the reality is that it is really quite simple, particularly in 2017.

The main effort that goes into building a computer is swapping parts in and out -- but it's just that easy. You pop one piece out, you pop the other piece in, and replace all of the connections. Building a computer from scratch is a little bit different because the BIOS has to be set up with a disc, and Windows has to be installed onto the partition. It's still simple, and for the little bit of education, you get a much better machine for way less cost.

My vote: None of the above. Build your own! :)