IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Impact of cell phone on society!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Haroon Rasheed, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Mobile phones have become a staple of our society.Although mobile phones have made our lives easier,some question the impact they've had on the relationships we have with one another.Research demonstrates that mobile phones are eroding our ability to communicate in face-to-face dialogue and reducing family conversation.Living in the era of smartphones,we are always connected to millions of people.On the other side,we don't know about the person living with us in the same room.Nowadays people are too busy with their mobile phones,checking notifications,sending messages or just sharing a new video.Its like an addiction,and it is kind of turning people into zombies.I still believe that it brings many brnefits in our modern society,but when it reaches a certain point it starts being harmful,time consuming,counterproductive and even dangerous.
    Do you agree?

2. Ailani

Ailani New Member

I absolutely agree. While mobile phones come with many benefits such as easier communication, there are disadvantages such as the one you have stated - the lack of face-to-face communication. My household fits the stereotype, with every member having a cell phone next to them at all times, heads stuck in the device, looking just like the zombies you mention. It really has ruined the interaction between people, as even when I go out with friends, they will always be continuously checking social media, and I am also guilty of the same!

Haroon Rasheed likes this.