IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Information reaching the public should be censored.

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by muuo2015, Jul 23, 2017.

1. muuo2015

muuo2015 New Member

Social media has made it easy for people to access information which would otherwise be hard to get to them.
    However,each thing has its disadvantages.
    'Fake news' is the order of the day which might bring trouble if taken serious. The solution to this I think is for the information to be censored before it reaches the public so that the misleading one can be discarded.

2. 09Aselene01

09Aselene01 New Member

Censored? Is that a Pandora's box we really want opened? Who will be in charge of censoring the information? Is it wise to have in place a panel of people who will decide what news can and can not be reported? Freedom of the press is very important as it allows the information that some want to keep secret to be brought into the light.
    The problem with Fake News is that it is usually put out to distract from what is going on. When the citizens are more focused on fake or half truths is when real censorship has taken place. As responsible citizens it is our duty to do our own research. We should not just believe everything that is reported to us. We can't be a naive society. We must do our due diligence so that the truth can be known and we must hold our media outlets accountable.

3. anurag yadav

anurag yadav New Member

I truely believe that social media and broadcast stations should have a censor on them. Some times public need not know a few things like where the army is positioned and other confidential matters about the state or a country. they are being kept secret for a specific reason. For example media has no work to showcase anybody's personal life, some things can degrade a persons moral and image in thousands of people. these kind of things should be stopped. On the other hand important news such as sports and economic decisions should be telecasted. Media is a very powerful tool. It has the capacity to start a new world war if wrong information is broadcasted live. On the other hand it could save lives of thousands of people if put to scientific use so as to inform people about storms or natural disasters. sensor ship is a must, otherwise it is going to be very difficult to stop bad things from happening. Hope i made my point.