IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Internet Based Schools

Discussion in 'Education' started by KimberlyD, Apr 13, 2015.

1. KimberlyD

KimberlyD New Member Moderator

Internet based schools seem to have a bad reputation, but I believe them to be a great educational source. They provide education to individuals in various fields where a traditional school setting may not be possible. For instance, getting to a school from where I am is very difficult. I live in the middle of nowhere down very bad dirt roads at least 60 miles from the nearest schools. Internet schooling I think should be available to all students in all grade levels. It would be a great addition, most especially, in areas where harsh winters occur. There are many students who miss a lot of school because of heavy snow and blizzards, not to mention tornadoes and hurricanes. An internet based school would allow those students to continue their education from home without having to miss any classes due to bad weather. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

I feel internet based schools are quite practical in this day and time. You have the awesome convenience of doing your classwork in the comfort of your home. To me that is the biggest benefit. You can also take classes online that might not be available at the institutions near your home. Again convenience. Now I have seen advertised lately accelerated online majors where students can graduate faster than the "normal" pace that we are all used to. Two thumbs up to internet based schools!

3. abbey

abbey Member

Internet based schools seems like the future of schooling. Its a lot easier, convenient and makes learning fun. You can take lectures at your pace and take exams when you want. I take some of my classes online and i think they are the subjects i enjoy the most. The only disadvantage is you might tend to get lazy with learning and the physical interaction between the teacher and the student might not be felt.

4. SuperBlessy

SuperBlessy New Member

Internet schooling is convenient because for as long as you have an internet connection with you, education can be easier to acquire. Education will be possible to the people who can't afford to travel long miles just to be in school if internet schooling is at reach. But there's nothing compared to a face-to-face interaction between a teacher and student and the interaction between a student to his/her fellow student.

5. Kiwanis Rucker

Kiwanis Rucker New Member

Internet based school have become the norm. With the advancement of technology they have become a convenience for people with busy lives. There can also be some disadvantages. It’s hard to interact with other students and the teachers and you also don’t get the experience of college life.

6. MasterPostman

MasterPostman New Member

Internet based schooling is good for individuals who have self discipline, I do take online course for web programming now and is not easy trying to juggle work and school. I think the best type of schooling is being privately taught then going to a public school or trying to learn from a serious of online school videos.

7. Tofindwithvalue

Tofindwithvalue New Member

The kind of internet based school could be the most determining for quality. There would be the possibility of a better commute. Although the style of education could require more effort for the student and attention depending on a circumstance.

8. tryner

tryner New Member

While I don't think online schooling has become the norm quite yet, it's certainly heading in that direction. Going off to school is expensive and the commute can be very long; why not save time and money by doing it at home? You could possibly work ahead as well, and get your degree earlier than you would have in a traditional university. I took my last year of high school online and I absolutely loved it. I'm looking into online degrees, but haven't found one yet.

9. Orion Rhodes

Orion Rhodes New Member

As a work-from-home mom, I really am enjoying seeing the mass amounts of online schooling that is becoming more available every day. While I take care of my children and work from home, I can schedule courses through universities to obtain a degree or there is a more untraditional route of learning online that doesn't necessarily gain you a degree but is worthwhile education nonetheless. I obtained my herbologist certificate online through an independent educator that qualifies me to work in most states. It is an amazing world we live in these days that you can educate yourself for a new career without leaving your home.

10. Nicci R.

Nicci R. New Member

I like online schools. I have completed a lot of online degree programs. Internet based schools offer many benefits. They are very convenient. One of the drawbacks of online schools is that they can be very expensive compared to more traditional schools. You should make sure that these internet based schools are accredited. I actually prefer this method of learning because I don't have to leave my home and sit in boring classrooms.