IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Internet speeds dipping from 200 to 15 Mbps

Discussion in 'Computers' started by hitesh1531, Jun 6, 2017.

1. hitesh1531

hitesh1531 New Member

I am paying for 200 Mbps download. Sometimes I am getting the speed I pay for, but a lot of the times the speed decreases or packets get dropped. I play a lot of online games and my internet will randomly drop me out for like 10 seconds. I have been disconnected from certain games saying I've lost internet connection but I'm still on the web and everything works fine. It's like i get a random hiccup of disconnecting for a couple seconds. When that happens, sometimes steam will log me off and then log me right back on. My ISP has been to my house and replaced the modem, replaced the wire to my house, and the wiring within my house and the problem persists. I went out and bought a brand new Cat-5e cable thinking that was possibly the problem and it wasn't. My ISP has been to my house 5 times and can't figure the problem out because the modem seems to run fine when they arrive. I still get random hiccups of losing internet and tonight around 9:30 pm my internet speed dropped to 13 Mbps. I disconnected from my router and hooked straight into the modem and power cycled it. I still have 13 Mbps and I'm paying for 200 Mbps.

What is most likely the problem? Is it my ISP being shit or could it possibly be my Ethernet port on my pc? I checked for virus's and malware and that wasn't the issue. I strongly think its my ISP but they can't figure it out. I'm half tempted to drop them