IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is falling in love worth it?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by sharon254, Jul 3, 2017.

1. sharon254

sharon254 New Member

Sometimes we go about our lives searching for that special person we would wish to spend our lives with and it reaches a point whereby we do eventually find that person.We then begin a cycle of getting to know that person better,learning their likes and dislikes,their dreams and aspirations in life hoping that maybe at some point of our life we will have known them pretty well.After weeks,months or even years we start going through hardships in our relationship that it reaches an extent where we begin questioning the decisions we made.Something we ought to remember is that no matter how hard it gets in a relationship, where both parties mutually love one another,is that communication is key in resolving differences.We should never give up on love.Love is beautiful that we have to fight for it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    nosleep3134 and Ewonder like this.
  2. lxst

lxst New Member

Finding true love, if such a thing exists, is very hard. Most people mistake passion for love--an all-consuming emotion. Powerful, but fleeting. Love, on the other hand, is gentle. Sometimes overwhelmingly so. Passion fades with time, but love is deeply-rooted and will never truly be gone.

Lola Jones likes this.
  3. ahmedo24

ahmedo24 New Member

Love is a building up process with it root from true friendship. When communication and understanding is perfect between you and your partner then love become true and will not fade.

4. Scholarkin

Scholarkin New Member

Falling in love is worth it when you get the right person. I believe every individual has that one person/diamond and it takes massive search/digging to get it.

Falling in love is one of the best things to happen to me in life. Even though I have had many ups and downs in my love life, meeting my current girlfriend has made me realized that true love exists and it worth it to fall totally in love with her.

5. Fancdew15

Fancdew15 New Member

Is falling in love worth it?

Is the crying, heartbreak, and despair worth it?

How about finding your one true person, the only one, the person you can spend the rest of your life with?

I believe so. There are many ups and downs, but it's all worth it in the end.

6. Shaguftaa

Shaguftaa New Member

Well, I agree with @Scholarkin. Falling in love is totally worth it if you are with the right person, who understands you inside out. Life becomes all the more beautiful when you find someone who accepts your flaws, knows your weaknesses and strengths and tries to balance them out and complete you as a person.

However, finding someone and getting into a relationship is easy, maintaining that relationship is the real challenge. Many people lose out on their soulmates because of the stupid mistakes they make. I personally feel that people who fall in love with each other and stick together forever, are the luckiest in the world.

7. macdonald001

macdonald001 New Member

QUOTE="lxst, post: 20283, member: 4899"]Finding true love, if such a thing exists, is very hard. Most people mistake passion for love--an all-consuming emotion. Powerful, but fleeting. Love, on the other hand, is gentle. Sometimes overwhelmingly so. Passion fades with time, but love is deeply-rooted and will never truly be gone.[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree with you. People tend to mistake infatuation as love. With time reality sets in, with it comes with it's difficulties. Getting past those difficulties is where true love is in.

8. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

Hmm falling in love i can honestly say that it is worth its weight in gold, if willing be worth the wait,knowing that someday
    you might tap out till when im withered up ,You'll still be even after the fact trying to suck me dry "no pun intended" of the substantial
    value of what we called love ,Which was now what would only be substantial for only fools,willing to bite out the bad, while still trying to mix
    it in with good cause the weight wasn't as long as of suppose, what was left of what was even real in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. RockStarzArmy

RockStarzArmy New Member

I believe falling and 'being' in love is the easiest thing in the world. True love is a no brainer and comes easily and naturally and deep rooted from the heart and soul. If the love is real then there should be no 'fighting' it or any hardships dwelling up because of it. It's when the love starts dying (if that's possible in a twin flame situation) that the whole thing gets difficult and out of control. When the lust and the passion is directed towards someone else then the relationship is over at that second. There's no need for fighting for a love that isn't loyal. But 'TRUE' love, yeah it's worth it if you're so blessed to have it.

10. braveyard

braveyard New Member

Some times in life, one need to find purpose to keep you going in this life.

Love is powerful, and the power of lover is what making the world a better place today.
    Many people that are reckless in life are found not to have meaning or purpose in life, which make them dangerous to the community,
    cos they don't really have something to keep them going so they become reluctant and careless feeling they have nothing to loose.

Love on the other hand, give meaning to life and make you want to see another day to be with your love ones.

11. Bush

Bush New Member

First, of all love is a gift from God. We should thank the almighty God for such a Wonder gift. Falling in love I think is a necessary. But, it sometimes depends on I dividuals state. Loving someone comes from your mind but real love comes from your heart. So loving someone is worth it.

12. JaiGuru

JaiGuru New Member

This is inherently a question of subjective preference and definitions. "Love" is a word with a formal definition, but also as many personal definitions as there are people who claim to have experienced the phenomenon. You have to take these personal definitions into consideration when trying to answer this question. In general, my opinion is that love is worth the effort. It does require that we acknowledge "happiness" is not a state of constant joy, however. Much of what can be called meaningful life satisfaction is a product of strife! So, again, we run into those fiddly personal definition issues that plague any philosophical conversation about subjective experience.

13. Chibee Gordon

Chibee Gordon New Member

Love, while it lasts, is everly beautiful and it is worth it. The only problem is that love fades. And love is also one sided. That it grew in your heart is no guarantee that it also grew in your partner's. This brings up the issue of heartbreak which is a major deterrent in love matters. FYI, heartbreaks can be as intense as lobe itself. They are like two sides of a coin and the best defense is to reduce the odds.

Reducing the odds? Yeah! We have seen some measures in this thread like falling for the right person, being sure it's love and not passion or lust, being patient to ascertain if it's love and many others.

With all these listed, I should add that we should be willing to become seducers, not in the liberal sense. If we could take the trouble to seduce our partner over and over again, them we might be looking for another item of measure for Love other than Gold.

Barida likes this.
  14. Belinda M. Teodosio

Belinda M. Teodosio New Member

Ofcourse falling inlove is worthy. It was the most powerful feeling in the whole world. Either you fall inlove to the right or wrong person it is still worthy. The question is, is that person worth your love?

15. grimes77

grimes77 New Member

No. Absolutely not. I won't mince words here. Every time I ever did it was a waste of time, money, and grief. I was cheated on, lied to, and taken advantage of. I caught the love of my life with another man in her bedroom. Other women also treated me similarly. So much for the nice guy thing. The only thing it's good for is making babies to take care of you when you turn back into one from old age, haha :p

16. dionnextherese

dionnextherese New Member

Falling in love is the best and extraordinary feeling in the world. It is definitely worth it. Love is the biggest risk you can take. It is a powerful and special word to every human being. Everything about being in love is so beautiful because it is one of the best experiences that you can have as a person. Love gives you incredible inspiration, it can help you be the best version of yourself. Love can also make you feel whole because you have found your other half of your heart. All those good and bad memories you will have with someone is definitely worth it.

17. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

It's definitely worth it and in my opinion extremely important to mental and spiritual growth . These days with all of the false representations of what love actually is, it has brought a lot of confusion to the topic and how most experience it. I think one of the most important things to remember is that you must love yourself.

I believe by loving yourself unconditionally, you learn to love others the same. With no condition. Excepting them for their greatness and their flaws . At the same time by loving yourself unconditionally, it teaches others how they must love you which in turn also teaches them how to love themselves.

In my opinion, having a deep understanding to what you consider God, The Universe, The Source or whatever you divine reason you exist will help you attract a deeper more profound reason to experience love as well as the ideal partner to experience it with. Which also mean if you are not properly connected to what you believe a higher source may be, love will be attracted that could lead to a more tragic way of experiencing it. Keeping you in a state of desire, searching for a Television fairy-tale instead of learning the valuable lessons that love itself has to offer.

18. DavidK

DavidK New Member

You fall in love after you have spent some time together with someone. Feelings appear from nowhere and that`s one thing to make you realize that you did not find love, but love actually found you. Don`t go out looking for love but instead do what you love doing. You`ll find someone with a common interest as you and as you get to know each other, slowly a bond will grow naturally.

19. ebuka

ebuka New Member

Falling in love worth it if the people involved really know what it means to be in love or to fall in love. it is quite pathetic the way people see falling in love as.... "you walked passed a pretty lady maybe you like the way she is dressed or probably she looks sexy, you approached her and you both exchanged contacts, tomorrow you both are in love.No, that's not falling in love.

Failing in love demands to spend time with your partner, develop feelings about him or her, being intimate, sharing things like ideas, dreams together etc.

When all these have started taking place, love will come knocking you don't need to ask for or go for it it'll just come, In other words, love needs time to grow, it is like a crop that needs a fertilizer and other tender caring to grow in other to withstand the wind when it blows, in other words when things are done they it should be done, it is worth it to fall in love

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  20. mp0310

mp0310 New Member

Make Love Not War. That's a famous saying. Love is in the air. Love is a beautiful word. If everyone can turn around to each other and say "love you" there will not be any wars. But unfortunately, that doesn't exist. Let's all hold hands and love each other so as to enable us to really appreciate what we are and who we are.