IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it Possible to live without TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. angeleyes09

angeleyes09 New Member

Yes it is possible to live without TV.I can live without watching TV.Nowadays many people are using their mobile phone or computer more than watching TV.We used social media and networking sites everyday to get information about things around us.I always check on Youtube if i like to get information about new music,movies,news and video blog.It is easier to used mobile phone for watching Youtube videos and you can take it anywhere.

2. Rolie

Rolie New Member

Yes is possible to live without tv

3. Shee303

Shee303 New Member

In this generation we are currently in, it is very possible to live without TV. Technology has brought so many TV alternatives that one could stay comfortable for a whole year without bothering what's on TV.

TV is used mostly for news updates and as a source of entertainment, both which can be gotten from the internet. Anyone possessing a smart phone can easily get news from their phone's internet as well as be entertained. So yes, it is very possible to live without a TV.

4. Bigkev

Bigkev New Member

Its impossible to live without TV. As of the moment in My Country there is an election crisis so I have to be deeply informed before going back to the ballot .I need daily update made in the courts .

5. Aryabros

Aryabros New Member

Definitely I can! I think we both are same @Germain. I spend almost all of my free time on my computer (definitely on forums since I like writing). I am 20 years old and I think its the time where I should start thinking about my future rather than just killing time sitting in front of the television.

I would like to hear from my unknown friends about my thoughts on this. Am I right guys?

6. lazmir

lazmir New Member

Yes,quite possible but only if you have an alternative which may be a laptop or a phone.Without these alternatives,you may even be bored to death.Just imagine yourself being thrown into some native village without any hint of technology;quite a hell,right?!

7. ColdFlameChris

ColdFlameChris New Member

Yes, it's possible to live without tv since we do have smartphones nowadays. Me, in particular, don't watch tv that often and I believe that I can live without turning it on. You can do lots of things on smartphones like watching an up-to-date news, tv series and movies. You can also browse the internet, communicate to other people, play games, and even do some online jobs as well. We also have Desktop PC or Laptop so you will have lots of things and options to do.

fredhamdy likes this.
  8. fredhamdy

fredhamdy New Member

It was great to stop watching TV but many people won't understand, so I just close my mouth about it or say... yea but I watch allot youtube lol and then they ask... (youtube celebrities and stuff) and I just say, everything.. (celebrities very very rare, I don't care they are just people to me who say things just for the money, nothing special. I don't see them as stable people, but yea.. you can't say that if you don't want to get sucked into a dum conversation)

9. jayceegasa

jayceegasa New Member

If my laptop is not yet existing, I would say yes. But now that I have internet, may be that can be arranged. TV is unlike computers right now that is limited to series, of course, although some are capable of being connected to internet already. But still, the primary function of TV is to be watched. If no cable connection or any, it won't function unlike laptops or computers.

10. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

I think it is totally possible to live without TV. I believe that if you go 'cold turkey' and quit TV then you will miss it and might find it hard, after all we all have our favourite TV shows and movies, but you will get used to it. You might get bored but you can spend that time reading or taking up a hobby instead. You will very soon get used to not watching TV and will wonder how you ever had time to do it. Just my opinion of course.

11. jefrox01

jefrox01 New Member

Oh man! seriously life without television is boring. Our generation now is full of various technologies out there and television is one tool for society to get updated with news and current events. Honestly, I cannot live without television because its part of my daily routine when I woke up everyday. The reason I say this because television contributes a huge entertainment and pleasure for all people around the world. Old folks who just lying on bed relies to their television, children who loves cartoons wanted to stare at their television. It also helps the society to know if there will some climate changes or calamities which is alarming so that they could be ready for it. It doesn't matter if you are using flat screen television or just an old school cathode ray tube only as long as you can see the images and the sound is clear that's enough. Television is great deal for everyone and we should have at least one for daily living.

12. courtney

courtney New Member

I believe yes you can go without TV. In fact I think everyone should take a day off and see what it is like to not have a TV. There is other ways to get information without using a TV. My family does this every so often where we shut everything off and see what it is like to live without certain things. It makes it fun and you have to get creative. Have fun with it and if you have kids let them be involved it's better for them to get this kind of attention rather just sitting in front of a TV all day.

13. Ohanga

Ohanga Member

Yeah a person can live without a television since if its about watching news you can access via your computer or even phone or even browse for trending news via social media.

14. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

Anything is possible although I think for many people these days it would be quite a difficult task. For me television naturally took the backseat to my hobbies. The more I began participating in other things the less bored I became. The less bored I became the less television I noticed I watched. I think the more interactive you are with real life, the less fantasy you need to compensate for boredom. That alone makes television appear to be much less of a necessity and in turn allows it to have no placement as something "important" in life.

15. richellemchua

richellemchua New Member

Well yes it is possible to live without television, I never watched on TV again for like 5 years already, it's because the content doesn't interest me anymore. I think the shows are just the same and the prime dramas are too cliche for me. Even though the remote control is just right beside me and no one else is watching I wouldn't.I now prefer watching through my phone because I could choose what I want to watch, it gives me better information and entertainment that television couldn't.

16. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

I think I can't live without a TV since it is one of my favorite hobby when I'm at home. Although I could use to surf with the Internet as an alternative, but I can only do this while I'm at work. It is due to we do not have internet connection at home, the only thing that we have are a TV and a karaoke, that's why it is still very important to me. TV is already a part of daily living, our day is not complete without a TV.

Another thing is that having a TV is much more cheaper than having an Internet connection. Since we are in a developing country, TV for us is very important.

17. BenjaminKS

BenjaminKS New Member

In the nineteen sixties, TV was one of the main electronic devices. It was actually a symbol of wealth, but time has long gone and here we are, where technology has advanced mightily. Many portable electronic items that comfortably provide TV services are now available, many people around the world use the computer to access TV programmes including news. Competition in electronics is very high, many convenient gadgets are made and TV improved system is catching up too. In my opinion, it is very much possible to live without TV because even a phone can serve a TV purpose.

18. Taquan1231

Taquan1231 New Member

Ever since the invention of the smartphone, the concept of TV seems foreign to me now. It's rare that I even watch TV anymore. I can guarantee, if you put your bottom dollar on it, you'd find my face sucked into my touchscreen before the flatscreen. Sometimes I even cheat and get the best of both worlds by connecting my smartphone to my smart TV. It seems like whenever I turn my TV on it constantly circulates a whole bunch of useless, nonsensical, mentally suppressing BS in repetition. I kind of grew a resentment to it. Though, the smartphone can keep you dumb as well, but only as much as you allow yourself to be limited. There's way more that you can do in your phone than to really just let yourself watch your soul being sucked away down the tube, totally unaware. Plus, is it not a convenience that you can have the world at your fingertips sometimes at will? I can live...

19. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

It is possible, the people in the bc generation live for almost 100 years in their life without tv, today we still can live without tv but honestly I cant imagine living without tv its really weird for me to imagine.

20. adrian3008

adrian3008 New Member

The possibility of living without a TV vary from person to person. I can say that the possibility depends on one's level of addiction to watching TV. Those who are used to watching TV day in day out can't live without it but with determination and practice, with time they can learn to live without it.

As for me, a living proof of once a TV addict, I believe its possible to live without TV.